SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if there is a way to access the trunk without the key? Theres an R at a local wrecker that I want the seat release cables out of but the car was scrapped because the customer lost the key and didn't want to pay for a new one. Would hooking up a battery allow the trunk button to work? Or should I just go in with a sawzall and cut out the parcel shelf lol

·
Registered
629 Posts
If damage to the car is not a concern, then you could study the wiring diagram, locate the wires to the trunk release motor/solenoid, and apply power to the wires.

However the wires will likely be in the boot/trunk, and depending on what car , may connect to the REM, which is located I also in the trunk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
From what I recall there is a key slot in the lid by license plate lights. I also wonder why the seats inside couldn’t be folded down and then climb into trunk. I don’t remember- isn’t there a release inside for anyone who gets stuck?
Was wondering if there is a way to access the trunk without the key? Theres an R at a local wrecker that I want the seat release cables out of but the car was scrapped because the customer lost the key and didn't want to pay for a new one. Would hooking up a battery allow the trunk button to work? Or should I just go in with a sawzall and cut out the parcel shelf lol

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Jump pack and trunk button easiest. Seat releases are in the trunk too for an S60 right? There IS the ski hole inside, if you can contort your arm or a tool enough to reach through there and pull the emergency release or seat fold down lever that would work too.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
There is a seat release but it's located at the very back on either side. My arms aren't long enough to reach from the ski pass to there lol. The ski pass through is also locked though, there's a plastic cover with a latch that I assume locks when the car is locked. I think a lot of manufacturers do this to prevent theft of items from the trunk incase someone breaks into your car. I'm gonna try the jump pack and see if I can get the button to work

Edit: nvm, I just remembered the battery is in the trunk...anyone know if there are jump points under the hood?

From what I recall there is a key slot in the lid by license plate lights. I also wonder why the seats inside couldn’t be folded down and then climb into trunk. I don’t remember- isn’t there a release inside for anyone who gets stuck?
Jump pack and trunk button easiest. Seat releases are in the trunk too for an S60 right? There IS the ski hole inside, if you can contort your arm or a tool enough to reach through there and pull the emergency release or seat fold down lever that would work too.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is a seat release but it's located at the very back on either side. My arms aren't long enough to reach from the ski pass to there lol. The ski pass through is also locked though, there's a plastic cover with a latch that I assume locks when the car is locked. I think a lot of manufacturers do this to prevent theft of items from the trunk incase someone breaks into your car. I'm gonna try the jump pack and see if I can get the button to work

Edit: nvm, I just remembered the battery is in the trunk...anyone know if there are jump points under the hood?
Hi Turtle! I just came across your thread just now, but I just had a similar issue recently, and there are two jump points under the hood! My sincerest apologies, As I don't remember an exact location of the points, But I did find this image! And this quick thread. I hope this helps! I hope you have a great rest of your day!
DuMP5.png

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Jumping points on the R are under hood in front of the break booster/master cylinder - +12V, and the chassis grounding points on the left fender.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gave it a go with a battery and some jumpers today, no dice. I think they removed the battery connections in the trunk so the jump points aren't going anywhere. Tried to jump the fuse box connections and the actual trunk latch itself, didn't work either. Tried a screwdriver in the keyhole too, tumbler just free spun

So...anyone selling a passenger rear seat release cable? Lol

·
Registered
80 Posts
Gave it a go with a battery and some jumpers today, no dice. I think they removed the battery connections in the trunk so the jump points aren't going anywhere. Tried to jump the fuse box connections and the actual trunk latch itself, didn't work either. Tried a screwdriver in the keyhole too, tumbler just free spun

So...anyone selling a passenger rear seat release cable? Lol
@bmdubya1198 probably is, here's the link to his part-out thread:
*Edited because I can't stand top-posting (no offense to top-posters intended)

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
@bmdubya1198 probably is, here's the link to his part-out thread:
*Edited because I can't stand top-posting (no offense to top-posters intended)
I’ll have to check, I think the passenger side may be good. I remember one being kinda stretched or sloppy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
had the same problem at a junk yard,I used an antenna bent a hook on the end and went the the ski hole hooked the emergency release and popped the trunk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts