SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so right now I don't have any money for a new set of wheels, and I decided to paint my existing ones. A good friend of mine helped me with that, and so we first sanded them down, applied one coat of primer, 3 coats of paint, and 3 clear coats. and this is the result:

before:

during and after:

they still have to dry now, I'll post pics mounted on the car by the end of next week (don't have my new tires here atm...)

cheers
martin

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (jdsr917)

Quote, originally posted by jdsr917 »
I like the color !!!!!!!!!!
I have been looking for a set of wheels this color

thanks... the color is a volvo OEM color... gunmetal grey... I had it especially mixed by my bodyshop...

another pic, comparing the two colors:

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (Revolve40)

Quote, originally posted by kpsingh0 »
word. very nice.
Quote, originally posted by chromecarz00 »
Very nice. word.
Quote, originally posted by Revolve40 »
Very word. Nice.

aaah, you guys crack me up !

I spent about 40 bucks on the primer, paint and clear coat (€, so roughly about $53) and thats about it.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Re: (V50_T5)

See there is your problem you are painting it with a gravity feed gun! A rattle can gives better results and I can do it in my parking deck for you; comes out greater than your paintbooth

Looks awesome and good color choice on the mix http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.