SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
wouldn't overexposure on the camera influence other blues on the car? The carpet and gauges look similar to normal hue. I'm no photographer so just trying to piece what I see together.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have seen my Nordkap about that color in real life. It all depends on lighting and everything else.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
I think it is a re-dye.

Look at the difference between the seat bottoms and seat backs:

On the driver side rear passenger lower seat cushion, look to the rear. Notice the two-tone blue between the LATCH anchors.

Too bad none of the pics show the front door inner panels and front seats in the same frame.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
wouldn't overexposure on the camera influence other blues on the car? The carpet and gauges look similar to normal hue. I'm no photographer so just trying to piece what I see together.
Potentially yes, but it's all about the direction of the light. Notice the dash is completely blown out bright, but the door is open and the pedals are exposed correctly. Try shooting your car interior, it's very hard to get correct exposures throughout the vehicle. I believe the light was coming from the front of the car, overhead. That's why the dash and console are correctly exposed, but the shifter and seats are over exposed. Also, cheap cameras can screw up colors in different light settings, try and shoot a passion red car and get the exposure and color perfect, it's very hard.

I do believe however that there IS something wrong with the color, I just believe it's intensified by the photography.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
That is an abysmal dye color match. Sure, it's a hard match, but man that came out horrendously. Moreover, whoever did it didn't even dye the seats completely and there are missed areas on the sides of the seats. The worst is you can directly compare the back of the front seats to the cushion in the rear seat. It would have been simple to just pull out the rear seat pad at least (I've done this before) and dye it outside of the car. Any reputable leather repair business would be more thorough and match the colors better.

And no, it's not the photos. Good luck finding a nordkap interior in that good of condition on a car with 138k miles on it. The seller most likely had some guy do it for cheap which is often the case with many car dealerships--a nice interior makes a difference when selling a car and I do know many car dealerships have accounts with leather repair companies. Any smart customer would see the dye job is very poorly done. :p

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
No it's not, it's the light/camera/picture
Look at the gauges and the emblem on the wheel, all much darker blue

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Re-dye, obvious if you look at the differences between the seat padding and the rear of the seats. The lighting doesn't seem indicate that this is an overexposed photo.

·
Registered
11,927 Posts
Looks like a bad re-dye. I've seen one nearly this bad in person, this is how they show up in photos and its not much different in person.

·
Registered
57 Posts

·
Registered
13,507 Posts
That looks closer to sonic blue than nordkap - horrible IMHO.

Also, you can see what looks like blue dye on the orange seatbelt release button above.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts