SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled CEL "ECM-400C minor fuel system leak" off my 2004 XC70 with about 116.5k on it. Just came back from a major service last week, Running fine with no noticeable decline in performance. Actually seems to be performing better if anything after some fluid changes (ATF/PS ETC..)

I Did search and came up with the following:

- Vapor leak somewhere in the system
- LDP is going
- Needs a software update that addresses faulty leak-detection readings as vehicle ages.
- cat is going
- gas cap gasket is worn/cracked

Given this picture, I'm hoping for 5, or maybe 3+5.

Had anyone dealt with this on a similar vehicle recently? If so, what was outcome? Is the software update a dealer trip, or can an indy do it? Have managed to avoid ever buying from
Or having a vehicle serviced at a dealership my entire car-owning life.

Perhaps worth noting that my fuel hatch lock has only been working intermittently for several months too. Though I don't believe that's related in this case but who knows.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Gas cap seal would be a good place to start.

A "Total CAN Update" is not a bad idea. One of the first things I did with my XC (along with getting the euro fog light software :D), there were updates in most of the modules.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What does CAN stand for in this case?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Had same problem. My filler cap gasket looked like yours. Replaced and all good.

I bought an aftermarket filler cap from autozone. Took out the oring and put it in my original cap. Paid about 9usd.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks Antherzoll. Sounds like a dealer thing, huh?

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Had same problem. My filler cap gasket looked like yours. Replaced and all good.

I bought an aftermarket filler cap from autozone. Took out the oring and put it in my original cap. Paid about 9usd.
Awesome! I'll try that and hope for the best.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts