SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an engineer (sadly more of an executive now, which is far less fulfilling, haha) and I am a bit prideful about figuring things out - i.e. give me a poorly designed digital watch and I enjoy figuring out how to change the time.

I love that for almost everything on the XC90 in the short time i have owned, it's been pretty easy to figure out - and i am a big fan of Sensus and the displays in general (maybe more that i very much not a fan of many other car screen systems I've seen.)

The one thing i couldn't figure out was how to reset the trip odometer, as i just re-filled my tank for the first time. I was a little let down that I had to read the manual for something that is generally simple, but felt much better after seeing the answer - how in the world do they come up with the idea that you use the steering wheel menu buttons to navigate the trip info area (all very intuitive) and then have to press a hidden button on the end of the left steering wheel stalk to reset it?!?

Anyway, I had a good laugh at that... and FYI to anyone who didn't know how to reset...

·
Registered
235 Posts
You don't have to navigate anywhere with the menu, btw, you can just press and hold the button at the end of the stalk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
492 Posts
On a related note can't figure out how the check and dot work ( in the TM/TA menu screen)
Haha. This. Also, what the heck do TM and TA stand for?!

·
Registered
439 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
isn't that information in the manual?

·
Registered
492 Posts
I had wondered about that too. TM can be reset manually, whereas TA is reset automatically if the car is not used for at least four hours.

http://support.volvocars.com/uk/car...5w46&article=8947f1c88972f7f8c0a8015136ea5db0
Haha, no way? Clever. I guess. :) And while I read that one could be reset manually and the other automatically, no, I simply never put two and two together and considered that TM = manual and TA = auto. Now, ok sure, that's obvious.... I just didn't connect the dots. Thanks!!

·
Registered
431 Posts
You don't have to navigate anywhere with the menu, btw, you can just press and hold the button at the end of the stalk.
don't you have to be in the menu first in order for the reset to work?

·
Registered
750 Posts
I struggled with this trip reset as well. I figured it out and then forgot again on my second tank. Now it is in permanent memory :)

TM is trip info since last reset, TA is trip info since last major trip start, e.g. current trip.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts