SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
VOC / Connectivity Expert
548 Posts
I think you asked for this previously. Unfortunately I didn't think to take screen shots when it was working because I didn't know it would stop working in the future (chicken and egg)!

I can assure you that is did work in late 2018 early 2019 after I first bought my car
If you lost it less than 100 days ago, and you have journal logging enabled, you should be able go back in time.

Not that I don't believe you BTW.... More of the "if I make an issue out of something, better have the evidence"

·
Registered
236 Posts
T8 here, mine never worked.

/kleks

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Although my car has been at the dealer for a while now, my performance data has been consistently displayed for a week now. I am not yet sure what the fix was but I hope to learn early next week when I expect to pick it up.

All the best from Minnesota USA,
A fine MY16 XC90 T8

·
Registered
807 Posts
2019, TO V90cc here, and the map tracking data worked for me. I'm not entirely sure when it stopped, as I wasn't using it frequently, but I was definitely aware that it went away. I thought it was a cool feature when we first got the car, then later noticed that it stopped showing the route information.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #85 (Edited)
Today, I picked up my MY16 XC90 T8 from the dealer for an extended service that mostly involved the hybrid system. My performance data is now consistently appearing in my VOC App on my iPhone.

The resolution involved a VCM reload and a BECM reload. On the BECM side, the write-up stated, "I lost communication to BECM. Tested power and ground and found a high resistance in ground circuit of the BECM, repaired the high resistance and gained communication to system." My understanding from the tech that the high resistance was because the ground was not secured. (I assume that this might be unique to my vehicle - e.g., repairs, but who knows for sure.)

Update: My performance data was fine yesterday, but now it is suspect as you can see from the screen shot below. Having driven 30+ miles over 50 min., I know that the T8 consumed both fuel and hybrid battery power as well as regenerated some hybrid power. I am thinking there continues to be a communication issue from my car to VOC. Also, I do not have any Internet today but I did yesterday. My maps never finish installing OTA yesterday and should have on an hour long trip back home. Looks like a call or visit to the dealer again this coming week.

81 - 85 of 85 Posts