SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
My Volvo On Call app (Android) was last updated on July 8th. Hopefully the fix will hit in the next update. I seem to recall that IPhone users previously had this functionality working when Android users didn't so hopefully the Android version does get to parity with IOS.

·
Registered
105 Posts
My Volvo On Call app (Android) was last updated on July 8th. Hopefully the fix will hit in the next update. I seem to recall that IPhone users previously had this functionality working when Android users didn't so hopefully the Android version does get to parity with IOS.
Mine started working again Aug 1st, Android also with latest update from July 8th

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
313 Posts
I guess that's good news - although not for me. When did you have your car software updated? Mine is probably a year old at this point (not sure if the problem is mobile client, car software or some combo)

·
Registered
105 Posts
I guess that's good news - although not for me. When did you have your car software updated? Mine is probably a year old at this point (not sure if the problem is mobile client, car software or some combo)
Supposedly the vehicle had a Total update in April 2020

·
Registered
236 Posts
Android,
On call version v 4.6.9

still not working.

/kleks

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #67 (Edited)
Performance details and routing are still not working for my MY16 XC90 T8 with July 2, 2020 TSU on my iPhone X with iOS 13.6 and VOC app v4.8.8.

Just drove today.

It may be unique toMY16s or my car and/or a handful of XC90s. Just waiting for the Oct/Nov update now but glad to hear that it is working for some.

All the best from Minnesota USA,
A fine MY16 XC90 T8

·
Registered
313 Posts
So why did it previously work and then was removed?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Android,
On call version v 4.6.9
As said in the other thread: since it is the car that (failed to) upload trip details, this has nothing to do with the app on the phone (Android or iPhone). The relevant version is that of the VOC functionality on board the vehicle and AFAIK we have no means of getting that version.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
As said in the other thread: since it is the car that (failed to) upload trip details, this has nothing to do with the app on the phone (Android or iPhone). The relevant version is that of the VOC functionality on board the vehicle and AFAIK we have no means of getting that version.
A software fix is in the works for late 2020 for T8s.

WhoaVolvo last reported at post #16 above (and I re-posted at post #56) that Volvo was anticipating a software fix in the October or November timeframe - T8s only.

I am patiently optimistic, as it is a nice-to-have data reporting feature that does not affect performance and functionality of the vehicle itself.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Why only T8's when other cars (T6 and T5) also lost the capability? What is different about T8's in this regard that means only they get this fixed?

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #74 (Edited)
Why only T8's when other cars (T6 and T5) also lost the capability? What is different about T8's in this regard that means only they get this fixed?
Good question. I was not aware it of the T8 only limitation until the discussion in this thread.

All the best from Minnesota USA,
A fine MY16 XC90 T8

·
VOC / Connectivity Expert
548 Posts
The feature was only on T8’s.... I haven’t been given any reliable evidence of it working otherwise. But official word is T8’s only. We are working on providing the feature set across all of the cars, but there is no ETA.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Trip data is working again on my iPhones

Thanks for getting this fixed Volvo.

My trip data has stopped working again. Still on V4.8.8 from a month ago.

·
Registered
313 Posts
The feature was only on T8’s.... I haven’t been given any reliable evidence of it working otherwise. But official word is T8’s only. We are working on providing the feature set across all of the cars, but there is no ETA.
I can give a reliable data point that this used to work on my V90 T5 and several others throughout this thread with other than T8 have said the same. So Volvo needs to fix this for all models and not just T8 (or tell us that they have/will removed a previously working feature for a reason)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue - I believe it was the last software update

The VOC app, with the trip journal turned on, used to display trip details, such the route on a map between A and B, and other info on an iOS device. For the last 18 months +/-, I can no longer view that information. I can see A and B, but I cannot see the actual route, speed, et al.

Has this feature been turned off on an iOS phone? Does it still function on Android? Is there some setting/configuration that disables this feature while in the [Volvo] shop?

I would post screen shots to explain what I am asking if it worked, but it does not.

Thanks in advance for any info.
Mine stopped working on 7/18/20 in the middle of the day, and that was the same day my XC60 T8 was in for service. The trip to the dealer had all the details and the trip home did not. I spoke with someone at VOC and they said nothing changed on their end, so I figure it must have been the software update they did during the service. I sure wish they would bring that feature back!! It definitely causes a wow response when you show it to a non-Volvo person.

·
VOC / Connectivity Expert
548 Posts
I can give a reliable data point that this used to work on my V90 T5 and several others throughout this thread with other than T8 have said the same. So Volvo needs to fix this for all models and not just T8 (or tell us that they have/will removed a previously working feature for a reason)
Can you please PM me a screenshot of your T5, including the info screen in VOC? Thanks!

·
Registered
313 Posts
I think you asked for this previously. Unfortunately I didn't think to take screen shots when it was working because I didn't know it would stop working in the future (chicken and egg)!

I can assure you that is did work in late 2018 early 2019 after I first bought my car

61 - 80 of 85 Posts