SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The VOC app, with the trip journal turned on, used to display trip details, such the route on a map between A and B, and other info on an iOS device. For the last 18 months +/-, I can no longer view that information. I can see A and B, but I cannot see the actual route, speed, et al.

Has this feature been turned off on an iOS phone? Does it still function on Android? Is there some setting/configuration that disables this feature while in the [Volvo] shop?

I would post screen shots to explain what I am asking if it worked, but it does not.

Thanks in advance for any info.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Doesn't work on Android either. It worked for a few weeks in late 2018 after i got my car but then stopped working.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doesn't work on Android either. It worked for a few weeks in late 2018 after i got my car but then stopped working.
Thanks for the info. I found an old screen shot of what I am trying to describe:

·
VOC / Connectivity Expert
491 Posts
Thanks for the info. I found an old screen shot of what I am trying to describe:
So this is a bug... You may have to literally disconnect and reconnect your phone and VOC app to get it back. You would need to work with customer care to do that.

·
Registered
304 Posts
So people have 'reconnected' and been able to get the detailed route tracking functionality back? I just assumed the feature was removed for whatever reason.

·
Registered
891 Posts
So this is a bug... You may have to literally disconnect and reconnect your phone and VOC app to get it back. You would need to work with customer care to do that.
Just got off the phone with VOC and I’ve mentioned what you’ve stated. I was replied back with “ only for T8’s and not for petrol or Desil engines.” Of course it didn’t make any sense to me and I’m here again seeking your help if you could :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
491 Posts
Just got off the phone with VOC and I’ve mentioned what you’ve stated. I was replied back with “ only for T8’s and not for petrol or Desil engines.” Of course it didn’t make any sense to me and I’m here again seeking your help if you could :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's only supposed to show up on T8's, unsupported for now on the other models. (not sure it *ever* showed up for non T8's)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Mine worked from October 2018 to about January 2019 and then just started showing start and stop locations (I have a V90 T5 - so fake news regarding it only being for T8). Not sure if it was related to a Sensus update but I suspect it was based on timing (I don't think I noticed the feature disappearing for a while so cant say for sure)

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I have a T8 and this feature has stopped working for me on both my iPhones.

How do I fix it? Call into VoC?

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I have a T8 and this feature has stopped working for me on both my iPhones.

How do I fix it? Call into VoC?
I called Volvo Customer Care. They had me remove my VOC app from my iPhone. They then removed my pairing of my phone to the car’s VOC.

They sent two emails - one for the download link to VOC app and the other for with VOC info and my PIN.

I went to the car and started it which is required. On my iPhone app, I was asked to pair and now I will see if it works. I will respond in a few hours with an update.

Update: I “may” have lost all of my journal data. I am hoping it is still on the Volvo server. I am speculating that the server will update in 24 hours or so.

I cannot see any prior trip logs - let alone the two trips today - a back and forth to grocery store after following Customer Care instructions.

You want to extract your journal for last 100 days if it is important to you.

We will see want tomorrow brings.

·
491 Posts
I called Volvo Customer Care. They had me remove my VOC app from my iPhone. They then removed my pairing of my phone to the car’s VOC.

They sent two emails - one for the download link to VOC app and the other for with VOC info and my PIN.

I went to the car and started it which is required. On my iPhone app, I was asked to pair and now I will see if it works. I will respond in a few hours with an update.

Update: I “may” have lost all of my journal data. I am hoping it is still on the Volvo server. I am speculating that the server will update in 24 hours or so.

I cannot see any prior trip logs - let alone the two trips today - a back and forth to grocery store after following Customer Care instructions.

Unfortunately, the driving journal is gone, and needs to be RE ACTIVATED. You can't get your past trips back, but you can export before un-linking. If you really need your trip data, send me a PM and then we go through a process to try and recover.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Unfortunately, the driving journal is gone, and needs to be RE ACTIVATED. You can't get your past trips back, but you can export before un-linking. If you really need your trip data, send me a PM and then we go through a process to try and recover.
Thanks, WhoaVolvo. The journal would be a nice to have so not worth your effort, but thanks for the offer.

As far as reactivating, I thought my app showed that I had it turned on. I was looking just below that and I did not notice the Chevron to the right. Duh. It is on now. I will take it on a spin in a day or two and hopefully everything is back to normal. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks like there is still a bug at least on the iPhone X running iOS 13.4.1.

I still do not have routing, speed, mpg, et al. Here is a screen shot from today after having removed the app, Customer Care removed my pairing, reinstalling the app, et al.

·
Registered
304 Posts

So are you saying you are able to reactivate and see the actual routing taken vs just start and stop locations?

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
So are you saying you are able to reactivate and see the actual routing taken vs just start and stop locations?
No, I still cannot see the actual routing, metadata, and graphs like I was expecting. See post #14 for my update once I was able to drive.

Based on WhoaVolvo’s comment at post #4, I think there has to be a bug - at least for MY16 XC90 T8s.

·
491 Posts
No, I still cannot see the actual routing, metadata, and graphs like I was expecting. See post #14 for my update once I was able to drive.

Based on WhoaVolvo’s comment at post #4, I think there has to be a bug - at least for MY16 XC90 T8s.
So, I just chatted with some colleagues in Sweden. I also just tested this on my app and my T8. I have the snail trail of my route and, it was told to me that you actually have to click on the dumb " - " for each of the data point charts at the bottom of the trip screen. This apparently was a change from the default which previously showed everything at once.

Give it a shot, let me know.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So, I just chatted with some colleagues in Sweden. I also just tested this on my app and my T8. I have the snail trail of my route and, it was told to me that you actually have to click on the dumb " - " for each of the data point charts at the bottom of the trip screen. This apparently was a change from the default which previously showed everything at once.

Give it a shot, let me know.
I do not see a hyphen anywhere and there is no chart - at least on the iPhone X running 13.4.1.

Is there a regional market difference / configuration?

Could you post a screen shot, please? What OS and device are you using?

·
491 Posts
I do not see a hyphen anywhere and there is no chart - at least on the iPhone X running 13.4.1.

Is there a regional market difference / configuration?

Could you post a screen shot, please? What OS and device are you using?
When you go to driving journal and then select a trip... you can click on the map itself to see the details. Do you not see the 4 different "categories"? Fueld, + Charge, - Charge, etc..?

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
When you go to driving journal and then select a trip... you can click on the map itself to see the details. Do you not see the 4 different "categories"? Fueld, + Charge, - Charge, etc..?
Nope, just the map itself.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts