SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 98 has no factory trip computer installed, how ever when I installed my new R cluster it is present to me. That the car it was off had a trip comp. do I just need to install all the switches to have a trip computer or what? Anything else I need? Should I just leave it alone? Thank you.

·
Registered
215 Posts
It is possible. You just need to switch that goes in the dash and the wiring. If you can find it in a car at a junk yard, that would work. Then the part that can be hard to swallow. There is software that is done at the dealer. The part number is 9438259 I believe and usually costs around $190-$240 depending on the dealer. That software will link it and give you all the functions of the trip computer.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I dont know if this would work, but I have an ECU from a 98V70T5 that had a trip computer. Seems to me if you use that, you wouldn't have to visit the dealer....

pm if interested

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
It is possible. You just need to switch that goes in the dash and the wiring. If you can find it in a car at a junk yard, that would work. Then the part that can be hard to swallow. There is software that is done at the dealer. The part number is 9438259 I believe and usually costs around $190-$240 depending on the dealer. That software will link it and give you all the functions of the trip computer.
No software in 1998

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So when I plugged in my new dash it said no disc upon driving it. So I pulled the switch fromy xc and the trip comp works, I'm just finding impossible to get to the light in the switch as it stands out with my led swap.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I dont know if this would work, but I have an ECU from a 98V70T5 that had a trip computer. Seems to me if you use that, you wouldn't have to visit the dealer....

pm if interested
I already was running a 98 v70r ecu so if that was the case I think my ecu would have done it. Is there a 98v70r without a trip comp?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts