SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone on here know's about the trip computers in the C30's? I have a 2008 C30 T5 R-design that doesn't have a trip computer in it, so would I need to buy a trip computer and install it, or is it already installed and just needs to be activated? Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I can answer this.

It may depend on where you live. But my 2008 c30 didn't come with the trip computer. But I successfully argued it should have because without it I couldn't tell my speed in mph, when traveling in the US. I live in Canada and often travel to the US.

When they said they couldn't make it happen. I insisted. And it happened. They hooked it up to the computer and installed about 5 things. All with different variables. For example

Litres/100 km or gallons per 100!miles

Average mileage
KM to empty or miles to empty.

Short answer is yes. It should be turn on able.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
172 Posts
Im pretty sure its basically a software flash they have to do. You already have the right stalk with the scroll wheel and everything.
I know its a couple hundred dollars or more though.

·
Registered
172 Posts
When you find out id love to know because I want one for my car as well

·
Registered
8,741 Posts
When you find out id love to know because I want one for my car as well
$300 software upgrade that was a $100 option when ordered new. Became standard in later years.

This in a nutshell, describes everything that is wrong at Volvo.

·
Registered
172 Posts
$300 software upgrade that was a $100 option when ordered new. Became standard in later years.

This in a nutshell, describes everything that is wrong at Volvo.

I couldn't believe it wasnt standard. My 2000 V70 had it.
Then again I dont have cruise control either which my v70 did...

I really dont want to spend more than $150 which is why I haven't done it. Im ok without it, just think it should be standard

1 - 6 of 6 Posts