SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
S.A.M. Steffansson is now offering trim rings that look just like the ones Heico Sportive has. I am not really sure what the differences are, but they look almost the same. The S.A.M. ones look like brushed aluminium whereas the Heico Sportiv ones look like pure metal rings. S.A.M. sent me a picture of what they look like:

Heico Sportiv ones below:

-Drew

·
Registered
61 Posts
To install the rings would involve removal of the glass/clear plastic panel covering the whole set of instruments - seems quite complicated just to put on rings. . . ?

·
Registered
528 Posts
I wonder if they'd send you a PDF of the install instructions? I sure do like them, but agree that the effort may just be over the top for what you get.

- Darell

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is what S.A.M. says:

quote:

You will get an instruction manual if you buy this part. You will have to "remove" the dashboard a little bit and go in that way. They are made of aluminum. The price is $77.90 USD including v.a.t. (Value Added Tax).
Sounds like a lot of trouble, but they do look nice.

-Drew

·
Registered
187 Posts
Indy: not only does it sound like too much trouble, but also sounds like it's not worth the risk of potentially causing rattling noises on the dash.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PK,

No joke! That is exactly right!

-Drew

quote:

Originally posted by PK:
Indy: not only does it sound like too much trouble, but also sounds like it's not worth the risk of potentially causing rattling noises on the dash.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts