SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My beloved 16 year old is now driving the xc90 and it's catching a few more dings. I suppose that's why we put her in it...in case there's something worse than a ding.

Anyhow - we have the R-Design trim (red paint). Does anyone know if Volvo makes a trim paint for the matte finish silver pieces on the front bumper? She's scuffed them a couple of times and I'd like to touch them up. A part number, if any of you saavy guys can find it, would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Silver is very hard to match, you may end up with what looks like stripes. Your best bet is to find a decent body shop.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The paint code is 426 but it has a matt clear over the top.

I also concur with ryjimenez17 about matching silver paint.

Best bet is to bite the bullet and pick up the combo pack (colour and clear) at your local Volvo dealership. Should be about $20 or so.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I had the silver accent repainted at a local shop for $50. They didn't have to take it off the car to paint it. I'm not questioning your parenting, but I'm 17 and own the same car. I bought it with my own money for $10,000 when I was 16. If she paid for the repairs for the damage she caused, maybe it would teach her more respect for the car? I scratched the paint once on mine with a ski pole and that's all it took.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts