SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure whether I just got a lemon, or I just have extremely bad luck.

I have two different pieces of trim that are just falling off. The driver side windshield trim on the outside of the A pillar, and the trim around the passenger side of the back most window. There is belt whine coming from the engine and my AC stopped working. It's going into the shop on the 13th to fix the O2 sensor on top of all of this.

Starting to get really aggravated at this point, which really takes away from the fact that its a neat car that is fun to drive.

·
Registered
160 Posts
It might be both unfortunately. Really sorry. The belt whine is most concerning, given that there was just engine work done...

Personally I'd dump it and move on - it seems to already be a timesink and you just got it! =/

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
The belt wine and AC not working sounds like a failed AC compressor clutch. Seen many if these fail with your exact description. Hopefully they check the belt tensioner as well, I've seen a few at under 100K miles start being noisy.
As for the trim, do you use a car wash that uses spinning brushes? They tend to rip things off you wouldn't expect.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The belt wine and AC not working sounds like a failed AC compressor clutch. Seen many if these fail with your exact description. Hopefully they check the belt tensioner as well, I've seen a few at under 100K miles start being noisy.
As for the trim, do you use a car wash that uses spinning brushes? They tend to rip things off you wouldn't expect.
I did indeed do this, problem is it wouldn't reconnect once i jumped out and recovered the piece. I try not to use those kind of car washes but sometimes when I am in a rush I have no other choice (except leave the car dirty!)

I will see what is up with the car after my next appointment and decide then whether to get rid or not. Its the most expensive car I have ever bought so I really expected a bit more.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update to this: They have recharged the Ac and think that has sorted that problem out. As far as the O2 sensor they have replaced that also. The whine turned out to be the drive belt so that is on order and should be sorted next week.

Hopefully I am good for a while after this!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Picked the car up yesterday, belt whine is gone, and AC is cold.... buuuut after just 10 miles of driving the CEL is back on. Honestly just done with it at this point and going to see if I can get the dealership to take it back. Sigh.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cars gone, got a new Genesis G70.

Good luck to the next owner of #38. (or was it 35, i didn't have the car long enough to remember).

·
Registered
13,472 Posts
Cars gone, got a new Genesis G70.

Good luck to the next owner of #38. (or was it 35, i didn't have the car long enough to remember).
Congrats on the new G70 - post some pics if you get a chance, I've heard they're nice.

Your S60 seems like it was beat on and put away wet - best to unload it. Life's too short to put up with that nonsense - used cars are a gamble.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts