SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Funny, (well not that funny), but all fall I tried remote lock and start and it mostly worked for me. So I plunked down 600$ this winter for on call and neither has worked for me since :) The snow is here, on call left the building.

Anyone else still having consistent issues with it?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I had issues earlier on, not since (though still on the trial). There was snow this morning so I heated up the car a bit.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I haven't had any issues. The only time my XC90 fails to remote start is if it is unlocked (by design).

·
Registered
702 Posts
You should call Volvo and complain. At a minimum I would think they would extend your subscription at no charge.\, maybe even refund you for part of your term. They must be able to access an account dashboard that shows you haven't connected.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am still in the Volvo on Call trial period, I have issues with Locking.... sometimes. I can't seem to reproduce why it works sometimes and not others. I just tried it now and it locked remotely. However other times, I will select remote lock, the progress bar will show "locking" and then return "unlocked". Even multiple attempts will not make it lock remotely.

If it is locked ahead of time, either by manually hitting the indent on the door handle, or using the remote key fob, the remote start always starts the car, even if remote locking did not work in an earlier attempt, thus ruling out a connectivity issue (I think).

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I think my issue usually comes down to not being able to remote lock - it says it does it, but then either still says it's not locked or remote start claims it's not. A retry again says it locked but it doesn't. Perhaps I had so much luck before because I always manually lock and lately my wife drives more and does not manually lock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
218 Posts
Make sure you haven't left keys in the car or some other scenario that would prevent locking.

Remote start works pretty much every time for me and I use it daily.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Make sure you haven't left keys in the car or some other scenario that would prevent locking.

Remote start works pretty much every time for me and I use it daily.
Actually - according to our salesperson when we walked through the features at delivery - you don't want a key within 15' of the car when it is off unless you are heading to/from it. It can interfere with the remote start if it is too much closer than that. Also, if the car senses a matching key "in range" it wants to talk to the key and draws more power trying to do so, even if the key does nothing. Net is that he said it is not a good idea to leave any of its keys in the garage overnight with the car, and a bad bad bad idea to leave the key IN the car overnight in the garage at home. Not something my wife and I have ever done - but I made a note because of all the discussions here.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Interesting. Pretty sure my wife has left the keys in overnight more than a few times.

·
Registered
673 Posts
They really should have put a remote start button on the key fob. Sometime I want to keep the car running while I quickly run inside a restaurant or business. In these scenarios, it's very inconvenient to have to lock the car, take out my phone, unlock it, launch the app, and then type in the remote start password. On my Jeep, I just press the remote start button on my key fob twice, and it locks the car and fires up the engine.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
With a recent iPhone it's just a thumbprint, so while a bit slow and cumbersome, it's not so bad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts