SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1,196 Posts
Re: Travel plans for Europe (cmy4x4)

I stay away from the higher priced chain hotels $200+ a night because I usually just sleep there and have breakfast. I look for the tourist office or a sign "I" for Information found in main railway stations or around the corner, the staff speak english and have always been very helpful. I've spent $200+ for a room in the center city through a chain and still didn't get A/C or a decent breakfast, deal with it and save $$$. I find rooms in Pension's which run me $35-70 for two with bath in room and breakfast, most have parking on the property or nearby and/or in a parking garage where they will pay the cost off the parking for the night. I travel to Germany every other year for at least 4-5wks and have never had a bad expirence, rooms are clean, comfortable, quiet, owners are polite and helpful, meals vary but are well laid out with cereals, fresh bread/meats/cheese/fruit and Coffee/Tea/Juices as well as home made jams/jellies/honey enough to fill you up for the day.

Even during the World cup rooms can be found, suggest seeing the sights in a larger town/city then having a room in a small outer community. I spent one week in a 800square ft room with full bath and ate with the family each morning for $180, on a small family farm. Evenings they had other guests with bon-fires and music, bratwurst and beer http://********************/smile/emthup.gif Each morning I drove a little to surrounding cities to see the sights and came back late.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.