SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished confirming my flight plans to pick up my new V50 in Gothenburg on June 26. When I asked about making other hotel reservations in other cities in Europe, I was told that there would be a $30 per city charge
So, if anyone has any suggestions for hotels, B&B's, etc. in Hamburg, Copenhagen, Brussels, Amsterdam, or Frankfurt I would love to hear from you. We plan on taking two weeks to explore the previously mentioned cities.
Thanks
Ron

·
Registered
102 Posts
Re: Travel plans for Europe (cmy4x4)

Search Venere.com for hotels in your selected areas. Rating, rates, pictures and reviews from others who have stayed at the varioous hotels you're looking at. You'll be a happier traveler and will save yourself the cost and the FDC people the hassle.

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
You'll be staying at the Radisson in Goteborg. I decided to book with Radisson in Hamburg as well. The hotel is the tallest building in Hamburg so it easy to spot and it is right next to Platen un Bloomen park and near everything else cool. Get a room up high and you'll have a kick tush view of Hamburg Great city by the way. In Copenhagen there are two SAS/Radisson Hotels. Both are very nice.
Here is a picture of the Radisson in Hamburg (great parking garage as well for your new car). For more on Hamburg, take a look at my picture from my OSD back in October.

·
Registered
524 Posts

I can only suggest a hotel in Hamburg since we didn't stay overnight in any of the other cities. We stayed at the Le Meridien Stillhorn in Hamburg. If you are planning on dropping off in Hamburg, it is on the same road as the drop off location (about a mile away). The only problem I had with this hotel was that the room didn't have AC. Only fans. But we did go in the summer months and it really wasn't that bad. Very easy to find. Just off the A1 and Stillhorn. I searched all of my hotels at http://www.hotels.com. They seemed to have alot of selection and the cheapest prices.

Good luck on your trip.

Tom

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. The world cup in Germany during June is making it challenging to find reasonably priced rooms, your suggestions are a definite help!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts

I stay away from the higher priced chain hotels $200+ a night because I usually just sleep there and have breakfast. I look for the tourist office or a sign "I" for Information found in main railway stations or around the corner, the staff speak english and have always been very helpful. I've spent $200+ for a room in the center city through a chain and still didn't get A/C or a decent breakfast, deal with it and save $$$. I find rooms in Pension's which run me $35-70 for two with bath in room and breakfast, most have parking on the property or nearby and/or in a parking garage where they will pay the cost off the parking for the night. I travel to Germany every other year for at least 4-5wks and have never had a bad expirence, rooms are clean, comfortable, quiet, owners are polite and helpful, meals vary but are well laid out with cereals, fresh bread/meats/cheese/fruit and Coffee/Tea/Juices as well as home made jams/jellies/honey enough to fill you up for the day.

Even during the World cup rooms can be found, suggest seeing the sights in a larger town/city then having a room in a small outer community. I spent one week in a 800square ft room with full bath and ate with the family each morning for $180, on a small family farm. Evenings they had other guests with bon-fires and music, bratwurst and beer http://********************/smile/emthup.gif Each morning I drove a little to surrounding cities to see the sights and came back late.

·
Registered
3 Posts

I stayed at the NC City Center when I was in Amsterdam in December of 2005. As the name implies, it is close to the center of Amsterdam, and isn't too expensive - It cost me 120 euros for a single weeknight stay. The price did not include any meals, but there's a pretty nice bakery within a block of the place, as well as some excellent restaraunts. Wi-Fi is available in your room, but it's not free.

It's also close to the Anne Frank house, as well as the flower market.

It does have a parking garage. I had a pretty plesant stay when I was there.

Here's a link to their website:
http://www.nh-hotels.com/porta...&p8=1

Hope this helps,
jadavid

Modified by jadavid at 10:57 PM 4-30-2006

1 - 7 of 7 Posts