SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 02' V70 wagon. I wanted a 850 turbo wagon since I was 13 and now I finally have the newer version of it.

I was wondering when I put my car in drive ("D") it takes a second for the car to actually move forward when I apply the gas.

If I put it in D and hit the gas it just revs as if it was in neutral. It then will catch and take off.

Is this normal for the car or should I take it to the dealer and have them look at it.

Luckily for me its a CPO car.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Mine had a somewhat similar problem, I dont know if its the same as yours but... The transmission will shift automatically to neutral while the brake is applied to reduce emissions. several silenoids (spelling?) controll the transmission and I had one of them that was faulty. cost $1500, turns out it was one of the ones that is the most expensive to replace! Hope yours isn't. Cheers

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: (snowdragon3)

Early 02 still with the poor software.
Have your dealer remove the "stop neutral" feature. You'll like it afterwards

·
Registered
584 Posts
Re: (crackerkorean)

I had the SAME problem with my S60. After days and days of research and looking around the internet, I found out that Volvo had a REASON for doing this. It SAVES the transmisson. Technically, if you want the car to last forever, you are supposed to put the gears in Neutral every time you brake. Volvo was just helpful in taking the hassle out of this, to do it automatically. So please do not have your dealer turn the feature off, when it was meant to save you from TONS of repairs!

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: (myVolvoS60T5)

Quote, originally posted by myVolvoS60T5 »
. . So please do not have your dealer turn the feature off, when it was meant to save you from TONS of repairs!
BULL DOODY!
Volvo would not authorize this if it, in any way, would lessen the life of an already iffy transmission.
It was NOT meant to save the trans, this was an emmisions deal that plainly doesn't work with this transmission

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
the park to drive hesitation is not Neutral control....sorry JRL.
the other guy was right, its the valve body. its coverfed under your CPO warranty.

but complain about it hesitation when in D @ a stoplight when you take off....get rid of that crap anyways.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: Transmission taking a second to engage (crackerkorean)

All of you, try this cheap fix
Look at and/or replace the piston servo
PN 30751262 This is a 12.00 part and takes 5 minutes to replace. (side of transmission)
A KNOWN problem with AsianWarner transmissions. They have already gone through 3 different designs of this part.
My service manager said he can't believe how many were fixed using this very cheap fix

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an 01 V70 T5 that had this exact problem. Several software upgrades did nothing. A complete flush and fill on the tranny ($$) finally fixed it. Runs perfectly. (I'd try the previous $12 suggestion first though...)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Luckily its CPO and they just replaced the valve body. I will finally be picking the car up today.

They suggest doing the tranny flush, but cant do it right now. also have an oil change coming up. I got to drive it two weeks and this happened.

·
Registered
13 Posts

We had this issue as well in our 2002 V70. While accelerating, ours used to shift from 3rd to 2nd and then to 4th. This was also more noticeable when the temperature was cold (below 0 C / 32 F). After several trips to the dealer, they finally replaced the seals in the transmission and upgraded the shifting program. (They had upgraded the shifting program before with no affect).

Covered under warranty.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts

Quote, originally posted by crackerkorean »

They suggest doing the tranny flush, but cant do it right now. also have an oil change coming up. I got to drive it two weeks and this happened.
Not a wise decision, FIND the money

1 - 16 of 16 Posts