SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Transmission is about to go. Info in sig. What's the best option? Swapping in another used one or rebuilding? Anyone use a reputable company to rebuild? I'm on the fence since I know our auto trans aren't the most reliable and putting in a used one might cause more headache. First hand advice or or any thoughts greatly appreciated. No I'm not doing a manual swap...
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
What determined that the whole trans needs to be replaced?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
2,521 Posts
What's so wrong with the trans?

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Transmission is about to go. Info in sig. What's the best option? Swapping in another used one or rebuilding? Anyone use a reputable company to rebuild? I'm on the fence since I know our auto trans aren't the most reliable and putting in a used one might cause more headache. First hand advice or or any thoughts greatly appreciated. No I'm not doing a manual swap...
Thanks!
any reputable trans shop can work on a TF-80SC, it isn't magic or unique to Rs. I'm assuming that your valve body took a crap. All trans shops worth their salt know about those and how to fix.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks for the direct and simple replies! I'll contact AAMCO tomorrow. No man swap it's too expensive for the parts... And I'm not mechanically inclined to such a feat. Hopefully I can get something with a warranty. When at a dead stop in Park putting the car into drive makes the whole car jolt/shudder and the boost Guage spikes to 0 psi from -20 vacuum rapidly/continuously until I let off the brake to let the car stay into 1st gear. The car is affected only when it's a dead stop once it's moving it shifts fine. If the tranny locks up when driving it will it break/ effect other parts that will cause more damage besides just the transmission anyone? Thanks

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
don't use AAMCO. Call around to some reputable used dealers and see who they sublet trans work too. The best trans shops are often the ones that don't have a big retail front and don't advertise.

·
Super Moderator
8,734 Posts
You can also buy replacement (upgraded) valve bodies if this turns out to be your issue.

·
Registered
113 Posts
transgo offers an upgrade.If you arent up for a swap, then a built trans is certainly worth the few hundred dollars if you plan of keeping the car.
Ill echo the "**** AAMCO" sentiment

1 - 9 of 9 Posts