SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just came back from getting some work done on my car(starter motor). Job is done, come to start car and my Lambda light shows up(emission of some sort I presume.. for I do not have a code reader handy).

I go to back out of the driveway and notice a clunk noise from the tranny. This I found odd for on my way to the guys place the car and the transmission were fine.

I come to leave and the car's transmission is stuck in first. I push up to 6000 RPM then it does a hard switch to second gear.

I managed to make my way back home using the WINTER mode button to up and down shift from 1st to 2nd and 3rd to 2nd gears.

My car is a 1998 S70 T5 S5 AUTOMATIC-

Any ideas what caused this stupidity?

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
Check your ATF level...it could be low for some reason....did the guys have to take any transmission lines loose to do their work? Mine did this when it was low- of course dirty fluid will do this too.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (MadeInJapan)

UPDATE** Found the culprit to be a corroded(but still functional) Throttle Position Sensor Harness. The cable has been damaged but is still in working order. If all goes well, I will have the cable here Thursday.

Code has been erased and the car goes into gear and shifts very smoothly!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts