SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across an S/V/C 70 tranny cooler here <A HREF="http://www.vivaperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=78_86&products_id=404" TARGET="_blank">http://www.vivaperformance.com...d=404</A>. I do occasional hilly driving (mountain maybe 2 times a month) and would like to go on long driving trips in hot climates. Would this product benefit me and would it be a reliable part? - is it something that can be easily and securely added to our cars?

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
I've seen other ones, but Vivaperformance is a reputable company so I'd say it's fine. These are suppose to be great if you're pulling something up mountains and you over heat. It will certainly help you with that.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (MadeInJapan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>MadeInJapan</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">These are suppose to be great if you're pulling something up mountains and you over heat. It will certainly help you with that. </TD></TR></TABLE><p>Thanks for your reply. So if I'm not towing anything then would there be any benefit?

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
Depends on how many mountains and how hot it is...but this is just my own opinion. Volvo's are really pretty well suited. Don't hear very often about them over-heating.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Re: (Cabot)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Cabot</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">...if I'm not towing anything then would there be any benefit?</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Be careful not to <B>over-cool</B> your oil. It needs to get well over 100C to boil off condensation water.<br>

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (ljjones)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>ljjones</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><p>Be careful not to <B>over-cool</B> your oil. It needs to get well over 100C to boil off condensation water.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>That's a good point. I hadn't thought of that. So it sounds like this is an item I don't need, unless I'm pulling a heavy load in mountainous areas or across long distances. <p>The mountian driving I do is the San Gabriel Mountains in LA, a few thousand feet. I never tow anything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts