SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1994 850 turbo wagon. When I start the car cold and start driving the check engine and trans lights come on and the trans goes into "limp home" mode. If I shut off the car and start it back up, the shifting goes back to normal. When I check the codes, I get code 322. I can clear it and drive the rest of the day without a problem. When I shut the car off and start it the next morning, the same thing happens. It only has the issue when the car is cold. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
322 is your gears are slipping in that slushbox.

You can;

Let it warm up to full temp and drive slowly into 1st to 2nd gear ...

Clean or replace the PNP switch.

Start looking into another transmission.

I drove my 850 with your problem for two years before it finally died.

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
I would recommend a transmission fluid change. Low or dirty/old fluid can cause the 313 code. If you don't know if it's ever been flushed and it's high miles- fluid is black, then don't flush it...just do a drain and fill (about 3.5 quarts) with Castrol Dex/Merc....repeat it in a few weeks. This in of itself might clear things up...otherwise it certainly could be your PNP switch. However, 322 is incorrect gear ratio whereas if your PNP is acting up you'll usually get the code, 313- Faulty signal from gear position sensor (PNP).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.