SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i recently added a powerflex bushing to my transmission mount due to rough shifting. Now that it is in it feels great when i drop the clutch or let it out even a little hard, theres no more jerkiness like before. Besides the delay from the electronic throttle body, theres no more power delay! Although that feels great, the shifting itself doesnt. The gears are sometimes difficult to change, sometimes they feel amazing. Is the dipstick for the m66 under my air box? I havent seen any sign of one!

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
There is a write up about it in the stickies.

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Not much use on a manual tranny though!
Why do you say that? The dipstick is in the same location, isn't it?

EDIT--

Oops. My bad! Didn't realize the manual had no dipstick. Follow advice below.

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
Oh, oops the subject does say "manual" doesn't it. bzzzt..

Correct, no dipstick on the manual. You have to crack the fill port and look. Thread on that: http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?161326

All this stuff is in the sticky.

I seriously doubt any of what you describe has much to do with oil level. But many have reported smoother operation after a proper change.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The car has over 120xxx on it and im pretty sure the previous owner didnt do it. I have seen stuff on dipsticks and thought i saw one for the manuals. must of been autos though. Thanks for the help though. Ive checked the linkage and everything looks good, i hope its not my transmission...

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Oh, oops the subject does say "manual" doesn't it. bzzzt..

Correct, no dipstick on the manual. You have to crack the fill port and look. Thread on that: http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?161326

All this stuff is in the sticky.

I seriously doubt any of what you describe has much to do with oil level. But many have reported smoother operation after a proper change.
Damnit, the images are dead now. I need to do this too soon.

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts