SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the trans mount, the front piece that actually holds the replacement bushing, how is it actually secured? <p>Do the bolts thread into the torque mount, or does the bolt go through the mount and secured with a nut?<p>Thanks for the help!<p>Rue

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Re: Trans Mount Assembly (Rues R)

There are two holes in the subframe section where the front of the mount bolts to. The bolts are integrated into the mount itself. You simply remove the nuts from the bolts on the existing mount (front and back) and the mount comes off, then you insert the new mount, into the holes on hte subframe, and tighten. FWIW, if you are only to get one arm to the mount while replacing it, before you go to install the new mount, I recommend finding a box or something similar, that is about the same height as the mounting location, so you can rest the tail of the mount on it while you install the front bolts. This is just a tip, though, because if you *can* get both hands by the mount, you can hold it in place with one and thread with the other. It was just a bit awkward for me.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Re: Trans Mount Assembly (JoeLvo)

Bolts are pressed into the mount, secured with nuts to the subframe. Sorry Rues, my PMs are blocked at work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts