SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
63,013 Posts
Re: Trans issue?? (BellevilleV70)

Since you have done all the necessary stuff it sure sounds like a valve body to me.
Hope you're still under warranty

· Registered
63,013 Posts
Re: (BellevilleV70)

Quote, originally posted by BellevilleV70 »
Yeah still under warr., just can't get them to fix it, or admit a problem. I take it its a big job $ wise. Maybe thats why they are playing stupid.
No, it's not. About 2 hours, tops, (plus the Valve body, of course).
You don't remove the trans, it goes in from the side

· Registered
63,013 Posts
Re: (simone207)

Quote, originally posted by simone207 »
I am having the same problem. Valve body - $1600-1800. I .
That's nuts.
I will find out the exact price of the Valve body later today but I know that's not even close.
I know it's only a couple of hour deal to replace

· Registered
63,013 Posts
Re: (BellevilleV70)

This may not fix the banging into drive but all of you with tranny problems and especially shift flares, etc.
Look at and/or replace the piston servo
PN 30751262 This is a 12.00 part and takes 5 minutes to replace. (side of transmission)
A KNOWN problem with AsianWarner transmissions. They have already gone through 3 different designs of this part.
My service manager said he can't believe how many were fixed using this very cheap fix

· Registered
63,013 Posts
Re: Trans issue?? (MadeInJapan)

Quote, originally posted by MadeInJapan »
Robe,
If you have an '01 auto 5 speed and used Volvo synthetic ATF and not Mobil-3309 then you used the wrong stuff. It may be smooth now but I worry for your transmission. You can look over on matthewsvolvosite.com and see the posts by a guy who used the wrong stuff and what it did to his car.

Dave, Dave, Dave,
What am I going to do with you?
Volvo "synthetic" ATF is 3309, now rebottled.
It's not real syn but the dealers are calling it synthetic. It's actually a mineral based fluid. I got into this last week and called Mobil and have the printout of its properties.
All GOOD dealers are now using this

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.