SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Re: (BellevilleV70)

I am having the same problem. Valve body - $1600-1800. I talked with another mechanic who is familiar with this problem in Volvos and he thinks that Volvo might be reimburing customers. It is worth it to push the dealer to pay for it to be replaced - there are a lot of problems with this part. I'll let you know what happens with mine.

· Registered
2 Posts
Re: (simone207)

Does yours also have this problem when you are braking? Feels like a lurching or a pocket of air. I bought an aftermarket extended warranty (don't ever do that - buy the Volvo extended warranty instead!) and they will pay for the work once the mechanic takes the trans pan off to see if there are metal shavings which would be indicative of needing a new trans. They will charge me $300 to do the diagnosis. My other mechanic says they will have to take this off to replace the valve body anyhow so there should only be an additional charge if the valve body doesn't need replacing but rather the entire transmission.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.