SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Trans filter service? '98 V70R

593 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  chris@swedespeed 
#1 ·
Hi All. 92,300. I just replaced an automatic transmission in another vehicle and it got me to thinking... What is the suggested interval? Anybody here complete it recently? Any pitfalls? I don't have a manual. What should I pay for the filter? What else should I do before winter (in Detroit)? Flush and fill coolant, again- anybody recently do this and have any advice? I just did Brake fluid and rear end <<<OUCH!!!

Anybody here into car stereo stuff? I work in the car stereo industry and recently completed a major renovation of the stock audio habitat. ANybody have their installations pictured anywhere? I just completed my car but I am already considering some additions to increase overall full-range output. I did 'glass pods for 4"s and tweets in the front doors, a 'glasss freeform enclusure for 4 8"s behind the driver's side rear wheel and a false floor/amp rack with a 4x150w and a 1x1600w Alphasonik. I would love to hear some ideas about staging in our cars with other owner/enthusiasts.
Demian Trubey

#2 ·
Re: Trans filter service? '98 V70R (trubey)

I'd recommend doing trans. fluid changes every 30k miles. But I have heard mixed info. Some mechanics say if you've never changed it may be best to let it ride. My brother has 265k on his 1992 Subaru SVX and has changed his trans fluid every 30-40k. The SVX transmission is a known weak point and his only has minor slippage with such high miles. I'm at 26k and I'll change the trans fluid at 30k. I'll go with a Redline or BG product to refill. I'm not sure what the filter costs nor if Volvo offers some sort of trans kit for servicing. I've got the 5spd auto.

As I'm sure you know, keeping all the fluids fresh is a good idea for the long term health of the car. If you are not sure when the coolant was last flushed, I'd say do it up and give your car the full treatment. Then flush it every couple of years.

As for stereo, I got out of that arena about 10yrs ago...boy has it changed since then. http://********************/smile/emwink.gif Some of the younger guys on here are more in tune with that scene. I've got the factory SC901 surround sound setup. It is ok -- could use some tighter bass and crisper highs but for a factory system it is fine. I'd like to see some picts of your setup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.