SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a newbie so appologies up front if I miss something. I just bought a 03' Sliver S60 AWD with 35K . I was out running it through the gears last weekend and when I was in Geartronic mode the transmission would slip under heavy acceration from 2nd to 3rd. The Tach would drop from 4500 rpm to about 1500rpm and slam into 3rd very hard. Any thoughts? I brought it into the local dealer. They are puzzled!

·
Super Moderator
14,845 Posts
Re: Tranny slippling between 2nd and 3rd (djphattyapolis)

Quote, originally posted by djphattyapolis »
I brought it into the local dealer. They are puzzled!

If they seem incompetent, go to another dealer, but that should be warranty covered.

have you demonstrated the issue to them?

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Re: Tranny slippling between 2nd and 3rd (djphattyapolis)

search the archives with "geartronic shift flare"

There are basically three known fixes depending on the tranny: software, B4 valve cover or valve body (control system). Get it fixed while on warranty.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Re: Tranny slippling between 2nd and 3rd (Mika)

search it's a $15 part and you could install in 15 minutes or pay the dealer $45 like my lazy butt did. It's a valve sensor of sorts that you are after.

All of you, try this cheap fix for MY 00 and newer
Look at and/or replace the piston servo
PN 30751262 This is a 12.00 part and takes 5 minutes to replace. (side of transmission)
A KNOWN problem with AsianWarner transmissions. They have already gone through 3 different designs of this part.
My service manager said he can't believe how many were fixed using this very cheap fix

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Re: Tranny slippling between 2nd and 3rd (fredmc)

The B4 cover is only one possible problem. Not all shift flares are caused by it. It's NOT THE SERVO by the way that breaks, it's the actual cover that keeps the piston in the transmission. If the B4 cover is broken, the shift flare happens almost all the time. If the flare is infrequent, the problem is often a contaminated valve body, with is a totally different part and very expensive to fix out of warranty. Most often, a software update cures this, but not always.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
maybe the valve body?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Re: Tranny slippling between 2nd and 3rd (fredmc)

Fredmc has this part number posted above: PN 30751262
Can somebody actually tell me what this part is? I have the flare problem and I had the car in to fix it, they did a piston rebuild, but I dont know if they upgraded or replaced the cover. Is this the part number for the cover? or is it for a sensor? and is it something that would probably come in a piston rebuild kit? Also, how hard is it to install this part? I read a post on here by wrodri54 that gives detailed instructions on how to remove the cover and replace it. Do I put this part in basically the same? Heres the post Im referring to:

http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=61697

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Re: Tranny slippling between 2nd and 3rd (grovesj2)

That is the B4 cover. The _only_ part that can be replaced in B4 servo. Volvo will not replace the piston itself. Nothing else in the tranny is that cheap either

1 - 8 of 8 Posts