SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I was driving to pickup my check and I was on the freeway and then the check engine light came on with a flashing arrow just outta nowhere. I pulled over to look at the lines and everything and everything seemed fine. The fluid is fine and not low either. I don't know what it is. Now its taking off slow too like it has no low gears. I can shift it from 1st and then 2nd then D to get it to pickup speed fine but I don't know why its throwing a cel. I searched online and found a few different posts about it. Someone said to reset the ecu and check if it comes back. I guess I'll try that but lately its been clunking from 1st to 2nd n 2nd to 3rd too so I wonder if its just shot and I need a new tranny. Anyone have any experience with this and if so, what was the problem

Sent with Tapatalk

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I reset the ecu n its still flashing but the cars driving fine now. Any ideas anyone? Could it be doing this if the tranny fluid is low?

Sent with Tapatalk

·
Registered
534 Posts
I just wrote a post on this , do a the tranny flush, check the maf ,its gone into limp mode..when the light comes back on,which it will,go to advance auto parts get them to pull the codes, a tranny flush is good idea If you don't know when it was done...

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Checked maf, its all good, flushed the tranny about 2500 miles ago and I stopped at an autozone on my way home n they got two codes. One was P0700 and the other was P0740 sounds like its the torque converter

Sent with Tapatalk

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How much should a torque converter replacement cost to put in?

Sent with Tapatalk

·
Registered
314 Posts
Well.. it cost me ~650 labor to have a new clutch put in my manual.. would think it'd be *slightly* less labor to put in a torque converter..

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool okay. I have an extended warranty but they won't cover it if my car ain't stock so I gotta take some stuff off and then call them so they can get it done and then all I pay is $100 so I guess I'll have em do it early next week. Sux cuz my other car is gettin boosted and is down right now waiting on some more parts to finish installing the turbo.

Sent with Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.