SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, on Thursday I expect, barring any dealer surprises, to trade in my 2019 for a 2022. Aside from the benefits of upgrading to an Inscription I was wondering what I can expect from just getting the newer B5. Have they made the car quieter? Is the Sensus faster? Is the modem a newer modem? I expect the car to be a bit quicker and more fuel efficient. Just curious if anyone else has made the switch.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hmm, there’sa number of “downgrades” based on cost savings etc.. probably most annoying is the lack of scroll wheel for drive mode.. you have to use the screen to change…

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, I don’t love that change but getting the better seats, mild hybrid, and advanced package more than makes up for that. I’m just wondering about improvements that have been made that don’t show up on the feature sheet…..

·
Registered
2019 Volvo S60 Momentum T6P* on Heico springs
231 Posts
Yea, I don’t love that change but getting the better seats, mild hybrid, and advanced package more than makes up for that. I’m just wondering about improvements that have been made that don’t show up on the feature sheet…..

Yeah because Volvo is good for leaving features out that are included on higher trim levels and pkgs

·
Registered
45 Posts

The reviews of the B6 have been positive, with super-smooth auto start/stop. I'm guessing the B5 is similarly smooth.

For the US market, I'm not sure if there are other "downgrades" due to the chip shortage. I don't have a compass in my mirror, but I don't miss it at all. No heated wipers, but now we have headlight washers. B&W sound system has been improved over previous years, but I think that includes my2021 also.

Looking at the configurator, the S60 seats seem to be the same as the non-inscription models; no fancy nappa leather, no ventilation. Oddly, these seats (with massage) are still available with the V60 CC.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Looking at the configurator, the S60 seats seem to be the same as the non-inscription models; no fancy nappa leather, no ventilation. Oddly, these seats (with massage) are still available with the V60 CC.
The Inscription still has the upgraded seats which include four way lumbar adjustment and thigh extensions. That’s the reason to go Inscription over Momentum!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Inscription still has the upgraded seats which include four way lumbar adjustment and thigh extensions. That’s the reason to go Inscription over Momentum!
Yep, upgraded seats, leather dash and crystal shifter will make for an upgraded experience every time we drive and that is worth some money. More valuable to me than a second faster 0-60.

Is the environment quieter or is the Sensus improved since the car was released in 2019? Has the HK system been improved at all? I’ll find out soon but I’m anxious!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts