SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Re: Traded it in..... (JJ_S40)

Congrats on the new ride. Hopefully the bathing wasn't too bad.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Re: Traded it in..... (awd)

Hard call, and when I was doing ym original search it was part of the group (G35, 330Ci, TSX, A4, S40) and it was a good car but no dealer in my area plus it was like $6K more than the S40 and a man of limited means (fresh college grad) meant $6K was a deal breaker.

Have fun with it and dont be a stranger even though you have the new ride! Congrats!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
First thing it needs is window tint. Clear corner
side markers, mild drop, Cold air intake. Im looking at some Falken Torque 5's for wheels.
Nice to have a common lug pattern:)

I kept those springs on the S40, awd.

·
Registered
769 Posts

One have to say that japanese cars have been really improving interms of designes. Especially the 2-door cars; G35, 350Z, RX8..etc all are really nice affordable cars. And lately nice engines as well..

·
Registered
537 Posts

The Brembos are awesome on that car. Too bad it was removed in the current MY. Many owners were complaining about brakepad life, but that should have been expected from them. I was in the same boat as you recently. I was upset with the aftermarket support and cost of maintenance, but I realized that there's nothing else in the market that I liked. Good luck with the car.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Re: (JJ_S40)

Quote, originally posted by JJ_S40 »
First thing it needs is window tint. Clear corner
side markers, mild drop, Cold air intake. Im looking at some Falken Torque 5's for wheels.
Nice to have a common lug pattern:)

I kept those springs on the S40, awd.

Man, that will look hot- don't forget to post pics!

I'd own one of those if Infiniti made a G35x coupe...

·
Registered
365 Posts
You traded a sedan for a coupe?

Hope you enjoy it. They're decent cars, with a good torque band.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Re: (JJ_S40)

Quote, originally posted by JJ_S40 »
I think they made A G35x. Hard to find though.

Not in a coupe.. http://********************/smile/emthdown.gif

This was my second choice of cars, but no AWD with 6 speed and no coupe with AWD and it was Volvo from there. Sweet car though, enjoy. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
662 Posts
I was really considering the G35 coupe when I got my car. But when I got inside, it didn't feel like a $30K car at all. Interior felt like the car was $15K. I heard the '06 has a better interior, but haven't seen it yet.

Good luck with your car!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts