SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sadly, the time came to say goodbye to the R. Loved that car, just, after that last incident (wheel spun at 55mph in a turn), it was time to get the R into a trade-in before the carfax became toxic:

Picked up an SHO today... 16k miles on it, 2011, every option (except performance package). They gave me 3k on the R, sight unseen. That's not bad, considering it's an R with the alarm siren issue, Chassis settings error message, and 5100 in hail damage that just came out of the shop from that wheel incident this afternoon. Throw in overlapping factory warranty, CPO, AND a 6yr/10k bumper to bumper addon, and I'm not worried about things like that picture anymore =) (I walked in with Manheim report, carfax, and a blank check in hand, they dropped the price by nearly 3k, and then added in the 2k bonus warranty for 1200. Yay research + cash!) I nearly bought a new one, but, seeing this 1.5 year old car with 15k savings was too much to resist (especially with a better warranty).

Interesting side note: When shopping out a new car, I went to Volvo to play with the R-Design... just to see if it was right for me (price point with all the toys I wanted was heading a little north of my loan amount by about 6k with my loss on the trade-in) the salesman was like "Look, I know you purists love your Rs, so, if you're willing to wait a few months, they're making a T5R for the American market".

...a new R, you say? He couldn't confirm a manual transmission option, and I needed to move quick, so, I got into a paddle shifted beast, instead.

So, alas, I'm not one of the cool kids anymore, but, I'll still come hang out at Ikea =) You guys are awesome, I hope the SHO community is as cool as you.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
SHO's are bad ass man!! I love the R but a 385 horse AWD SHO is awesome. Just wish they made them in stick. Good luck!!
Too bad it's still a ferd.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Don't let the split fool you... there's still a LOT of Volvo DNA in the new Fords...

Congrats on the new ride... they are not a bad choice of what's out there.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
SHO's are bad ass man!! I love the R but a 385 horse AWD SHO is awesome.
365 HP.....but with twin turbo. Great car.

Enjoy the new ride.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
365 HP.....but with twin turbo. Great car.

Enjoy the new ride.
And the 0-60 is still 5 seconds. Not bad, for a huge car I guess.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Get a tune from Tori at Unleashed tuning.. I used to be in the SHO game and would love to have one of these if they made a manual like they did with them in the early 90s. Great car! Hope you enjoy it. Shoforum.com is a good site for them

·
Registered
635 Posts
Hell I wouldve given you 4500 for it. That'd make a hell of a track car!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hell I wouldve given you 4500 for it. That'd make a hell of a track car!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Well, it went to Joe Rizza Ford on Harlem in North Riverside, IL if you wanna try and get at it. I sold it to them pretty cheap. It IS an automatic, though. No known mechanical issues, just hail damage and a chassis error probably due to that wheel spinning like that. I told them I'd take it as is as the dealer wanted it ASAP. They were originally planning on fixing that as part of the insurance claim.

Oh, and the SHO is built on the S80 Platform, fyi. It's a helluva lot of Volvo under that body.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I also have an SHO. I love it. People (on this site) gave me **** at first, but I think they have all wised up now. You are right, a whole lot of Volvo there. The whole idea of a luxurious turbo AWD sedan screams Volvo.

But I still have my R.... I'm no traitor. LOL!

·
Registered
949 Posts
oh, and a Livernois tune will put you in the high 12s 1/4 mile on a fully stock car (ofcourse except the tune).

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oh, and a Livernois tune will put you in the high 12s 1/4 mile on a fully stock car (ofcourse except the tune).
Yeah, the credit cards are trying to hide from me on that one =) I'm *REALLY* considering it, though. You don't happen to have definitive numbers on that tune, do you?

·
Registered
3,758 Posts

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Technically yes, our cars are "ferds". But I've had friends call my car a Geely. :(
Ouch, did you punch them? I would of :D

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
turning radius on the SHO any better?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It feels like it... I really think so... I live in Chicago, so, I parallel park constantly (the rear camera is HUGE for this) and not only does the parking feel easier, I can actually make U-turns. Oh, and they're 255/45R19s, and NO RUBBING!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts