SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 MT: It has been raining and when I hit the throttle in second gear at about 30 MPH it felt as if the wheels (do not know how many - 2 or 40) felt like they were spinning and the orange triangle showed up on the dash. Does that mean the traction control was not working, only two wheels were spinning, did it just warn me I had no teaction, or what else? There were no messages. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
First of all, that may mean that your AWD isn't working. :(
If you were going around a corner and you just did a clutch dump, you may have made all 4 to spin. Did you get torque steer at all?

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
First of all, that may mean that your AWD isn't working. :(
If you were going around a corner and you just did a clutch dump, you may have made all 4 to spin. Did you get torque steer at all?
When my angle gear went there was no torque steer it just pissed gear oil all over my transmission. From what you describe you may have a stripped collar gear.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you all for taking the time to answer. The triangle did not appear until the turbo was spooled up. There was no torque steer so could it mean that all four wheels were spinning?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Only if it was very wet out, I've done it once or twice. Most likely your awd is malfunctioning though, shouldn't be too hard to check, accelerate hard in 1st when it's dry out and if your tires spin then your awd is broken

·
Registered
170 Posts
Was your traction control on? With traction control off I get some tire spin in the rain. When my awd went the torque steer was ridiculous and more so in the rain.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Was your traction control on? With traction control off I get some tire spin in the rain. When my awd went the torque steer was ridiculous and more so in the rain.
Yes it was on. It is under warranry so I'll put in the dealer's hands. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Only if it was very wet out, I've done it once or twice. Most likely your awd is malfunctioning though, shouldn't be too hard to check, accelerate hard in 1st when it's dry out and if your tires spin then your awd is broken
It was not wet, just damp. I think I'll try you suggestion too. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
What were the road conditions? It has been quite a while since it rained, allowing fluids to gather on the roadway. Then when it does rain and before the fluids are washed away by the rain, roadways can be unusually slick.

What make and model tires to you have? What condition are they in?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts