SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I couldn't stand the car just sitting there so before this "blizzard" we are supposedly getting hits I went for a spin.<P>I had not taken it out in almost two weeks since getting it home and it does have the IPD ECU installed but not exhaust (yet)<P>I had traction control on and on many standing starts and first low speed 2nd gear situations I romped on the thing and it spun alot before a little grip. Only when it hit next gear it spun more before catching it.<P>Now the ground was moist and cold...<P>I'm new to traction control so help me out here - is it not going to work if motor is in boost or higher rpm???<P>where can I read about the traction control programming???<P>TIA~<P><P>

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Do you still have the 17s on the car? I currently have the Volans on my R and just don't even bother taking it out in weather like this. We have a set of snows, but got them too late in the year to make use of them.<P>George

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yah the 17's are on. We have not driven it but three times in two weeks cuz it's still not registered and I wanted to wait until the salty roads weren't an issue.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Hello,<P><B>TRACS</B> traction control system is very easy to defeat on 850 models with turbocharging. The main reason is because <B>TRACS</B> does not have the ability to monitor engine RPM's, thereby it cannot reduce engine speed/torque. Therefore its only form of action is by using ABS wheel sensors. <B>TRACS</B> was designed as an aid when starting/driving off if one of the drive wheels has poor traction due to weather conditions or the road surface and is connected to the ABS control module. <P><B>TRACS</B> engages automatically at speeds below 25 mph (40 km/h) when one of the drive wheels loses traction. It disengages automatically when speed exceeds 25 mph (40 km/h). The sound which can be heard when the system is operating comes from the ABS system. <P>As you already know,<B>TRACS</B> can be disengaged manually using the switch on the dashboard. The indicator light will come on. <P>One really nice feature of <B>TRACS</B> is that when the brakes overheat, the <B>TRACS</B> light will come on. When the brakes go back to normal operating temperature, the warning light will turn off.<P>I hope this helps!<P>-Drew <p>[This message has been edited by InDy (edited 03-05-2001).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts