SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.

I did a small adjustment on my front end alignment to get my steering centered today.

An interesting development is that now when going around a left-hand bend and not accelerating I get a traction control light flashing and it sounds like the front right caliper is stabbing away at the tire as if it was spinning.

Any experience with this. It's a litlle difficult to replicate, but I'll try to narrow it down.

Thanks

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I backed off the passenger side tie rod one turn and threaded in the driver's side tie rod one turn.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Sounds like the car thinks you are in mid turn when going straight. Go to a shop and get a true alignment.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
May also have hit one of the wheel sensors and it's thinking you're in a serious turn...

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like the car thinks you are in mid turn when going straight. Go to a shop and get a true alignment.
Funny enough, i just had one. They didn't bother to get the wheel straight.

It seemed to only happen in a left turn when the wheel was near center. Maybe the yaw sensor were detecting a left turn but the steering sensor was reading center.

I've done some more fine adjustment on centering and haven't seen it happen again.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Funny enough, i just had one. They didn't bother to get the wheel straight.

It seemed to only happen in a left turn when the wheel was near center. Maybe the yaw sensor were detecting a left turn but the steering sensor was reading center.

I've done some more fine adjustment on centering and haven't seen it happen again.
yupp that makes more sense. I am a GM Technician. And after doing a powertrain drop, it can be difficult to get the whole subframe back into its original position. So usually during a test drive after that kind of work I tend to see the steering wheel sometimes way off center and will throw a Service Traction Control message. After performing an alignment, it will go away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts