SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm used to RWD Volvos, so oversteering isn't a big deal to me.

But I'm not going to track the car. It's a daily driver for me.

I see most people have the Track Spec here, so I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the neutral kit?

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Re: Track Spec or Neutral Balance? (Body Massage)

Consensus is that the Neutral balance is a total waste of $$, and EVERYBODY with the track-spec LOVES them. They're not just for the track, either.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Re: Track Spec or Neutral Balance? (JoeLvo)

Quote, originally posted by JoeLvo »
Consensus is that the Neutral balance is a total waste of $$, and EVERYBODY with the track-spec LOVES them. They're not just for the track, either.

Yeah, I was wondering about this as well. No track time for my V. So the thought here is to do both front and back and not bother with just one, right? What about the end links?

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Re: Track Spec or Neutral Balance? (TWMn)

Quote, originally posted by TWMn »

Yeah, I was wondering about this as well. No track time for my V. So the thought here is to do both front and back and not bother with just one, right? What about the end links?

IPD HD Swaybar Endlinks with Track Spec sways FTW!

Heh, I don't even have either products, but I've seen this topic enough times to save you some time waiting for everybody to post the above.

·
Registered
63,542 Posts

Track spec, the "neutral" bar is a waste of time

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: Track Spec or Neutral Balance? (JoeLvo)

Quote, originally posted by JoeLvo »

IPD HD Swaybar Endlinks with Track Spec sways FTW!

Heh, I don't even have either products, but I've seen this topic enough times to save you some time waiting for everybody to post the above.

LOL, I guess we must be convincing.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Re: Installation time (Synesis)

3-4 hours and have them throw in the HD Endlinks at the same time at that point it wouldn't add any amount of time worth really charging. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
872 Posts
Re: Installation time (kmg_S60R)

For a big improvement and less $$$ layout, you can get just the V70R neutral bar for the rear (25mm). It is the same size as the trac-spec S60R bar (25mm F & R). Nice improvement, even with just the front OEM bar left in (which is 23.5mm).

I did the job myself, took just over an hour and was well worth it. I can't justify the cash for a 1.5mm thicker bar up front and the time to drop the cross-member. Just didn't seem worth it.

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Re: Installation time (jrgoffin)

IPD should just put together an R kit and sell it all the suspension and mounts together. .Wife does not like to see me with 13 things in a shopping cart, I might be able to get one big package though:)

·
Registered
21,340 Posts

Quote, originally posted by jrgoffin »
. I can't justify the cash for a 1.5mm thicker bar up front and the time to drop the cross-member. Just didn't seem worth it.

That's where it really makes the difference in steering response.

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
I got the trackspec bars front and rear, it really adds a nice touch to the R. It won't turn your R into a tail happy RWD car if that is what you are worried about, but it does allow some cool AWD power slides...

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just got the trackspec kit, QBM endlinks and strut bar conversion and the R feels a lot more stable. Quick lane changes are fun. No slop in the suspension on hard acceleration on on-ramps and off-ramps. This is what Volvo should have done in the first place.

·
Registered
18,762 Posts

Find a V70R owner who has switched over and buy their 25mm rear sway bar. I noticed a difference on the Nurburgring just doing that. Swapping front bar is much more involved from what I understand.

If you still want more, then go track spec. Just a thought...

·
Registered
872 Posts
Re: Installation time (Needsdecaf)

Quote, originally posted by Needsdecaf »

That's where it really makes the difference in steering response.

But yet the "neutral handling" rear bar that is only 1mm larger is frequently deemed a waste!

These FWD cars have lots of under-steer, and to minimize that, you need to stiffen the rear! Trust me, if you put just the 25mm bar on the back (V70R Neutral bar) there will be a noticeable improvement, and for a few hundred $$$$ less. But hey, it's only your money...

·
Registered
440 Posts

Quote, originally posted by "R" Kelly »
Find a V70R owner who has switched over and buy their 25mm rear sway bar.

Quote, originally posted by jrgoffin »

Trust me, if you put just the 25mm bar on the back (V70R Neutral bar) there will be a noticeable improvement, and for a few hundred $$$$ less. But hey, it's only your money...

Don't these two posts contradict themselves? What is the OEM size of the rear sway? Is R Kelly referring to purchasing someone's OEM after they switched to IPD's? Sounds like that there is the opinion that just doing the rears will make a noticeable improvement and save $. How would those of you who have done both (at the same time) know anyway?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.