SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Re: track season is upon us New england (p0cket penguins)

I will be at limerock this Sat the 4th.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Re: track season is upon us New england (p0cket penguins)

Quote, originally posted by p0cket penguins »
ill be at devens air strip in ma on the 4th and 11th for autocross and at NH speed way on may 9th

I'm thinking about it Chris, I have to work this Saturday, but may might be good.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
What sanctioning body do you run with? I will be doing a bunch of NASA NE events this summer.

Nice eDirty btw.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Re: (p0cket penguins)

I may be out at Deven's those days, but hanging with my bro as he runs his Mcoupe.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Re: (T5 for Life)

What do you need to run and how much does it cost?

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (baxteR)

its around 55 bucks, you need a snell 2005 helmet (most motorcycle helmets fit the requirement), and your battery needs to be strapped down (im pretty sure the r fits this requirement)... you can sign up at motorsportsreg.com. If you run with a club and have a membership its probably gonna be cheaper.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts

Chris have you ever drivin your R at these events?

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Nope I haven't taken the R, since I have a track car (exhibit a in post #1) Yet I have gone to about 6 last season... Im planning to do alot more this season.... its really a great experience and the are amazing.... its also quite addictive... I feel that the R should be represented in such motorsports activities and it would definitely shine. Regardless its good fun.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts

You think a stock R would do well?

·
Registered
927 Posts

Quote, originally posted by baxteR »

I took the wagon out one day at NHMS with the BMW club, and it was ridiculous fun. Mine was not stock, but I ran on street tires. The biggest challenge was modulating the throttle to keep the power down. We have almost too much for the track.

I will tell you that hitting 110 on the front straight and then laying into the brakes turn after turn was awesome. And the brembos were amazing.

Just do it!

·
Registered
433 Posts

Quote, originally posted by baxteR »

The R may not be the fastest car around, in fact I'm fairly sure its not, but its a car that is very easy to drive fast.

It might just be because I got the R after being used to an M5 which will kill you if you throttle it wrong around a turn, but the R is a pretty forgiving car.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Re: (Spizzy)

Really want to do this, just don't have the cash for this AND a helmet right now.

·
Registered
927 Posts

Quote, originally posted by p0cket penguins »
sometimes they have helmets to borrow.

Gross.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.