SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I'd also look into some slotted rotors too check viva I think the Hawk pads are pretty good from what I've read never tried any of them myself though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
454 Posts
I would like to take my 06 s60 to the track eventually but I need to get some better brake pads, any suggestions?
1. High performance rotors
2. High performance brake pads
3. SS brake lines
4. Performance brake fluid with high dry boiling point

Is your suspension stock ?!

·
Registered
683 Posts
jm2c, get cryo'd rotors or cryo them yourself, it will literally double the lifespan. Cryo your pads too. I use a treater in houston for all my auto and gun stuff, but there are a number of very reliable facilities around the US.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes my suspension is stock, I'm in college right now so the cheaper the better and baron, I have no idea what you said hahah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
454 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well any opinions from this water meth injection coolers on vivas website? They look amazing for good power gains and fuel economy

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Well any opinions from this water meth injection coolers on vivas website? They look amazing for good power gains and fuel economy

Water meth is an excellent upgrade but you won't see power gains unless your tuned for it and as far as fuel economy goes any gains you see with be very minimal and you also have to factor in that you need to buy water and methanol too so anything you get in mpgs will be overshadowed by the cost of methanol, the biggest advantage you'll gain is cooler intake temps

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You mean tune the ecu on the car, or can I just get the stage 3 one and tune it using that display thing?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
You mean tune the ecu on the car, or can I just get the stage 3 one and tune it using that display thing?

Yes you would need to buy a tune however you tunes for volvo are ecu reflash so you buy a tune it reflashes the ecu and that's it you are unable to adjust any parameters yourself unless you have tuning software of your own that is. You would need to buy a stage 1 tune. A stage 3 requires a lot of supporting mods such as front mount intercooler, bigger turbo, exhaust, intake elbow etc.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
http://hiltontuning.com/product/stage-1-tune/

This may help you get an idea of what a tune is for your car you can look at all the stages and see what is reccomended. Hilton is one of the top volvo tuners out there and is highly recommended

·
Registered
1,021 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
You have any idea of price from 300below? Another place quoted me 56 bucks a rotor.
I generally link them cause they are well known, reliable, and have an informative website. I don't actually know what their prices are, though generally, rotors tend to be in the $30-$60 range each depending on type and size and who you are going to. Additionally it depends on the cycle, time, and what tempering process is used.

If you are northeast, I have heard very good things about nitrofreeze in Worcester, not to say that 300below doesn't also have a very strong rep.

I'm biased though, I cryo my guns, brake rotors/pads, my good drill bits (read German cobalt), planer blades, circular saw blades, my kitchen knives, Buck knives, some home theater components, and so on... :D

TLDR - $56 ain't bad

1 - 16 of 16 Posts