SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

I would love to hit the track this year for a few track days in the New England area. A buddy of mine has an RS4 and he has been asking if I know anyway to get our cars on the track. Any of you know a club or a way we could do it? I am completely out of the loop when it comes to this. I would rather stay away from Autocross.

Any help would be great!

Thank you!
Eddie

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I have a ViVA sticker on the passenger side. Limerock would be great. Maybe I should check out their site. NH was fun a few years ago but I took the V70 and I had some major traction issues. I think I went home and called George for the LSD that same day.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Ahah!

Ever get work done to your car at Ashland Foreign Motors? If so, then your's was the car I saw there when I had my clutch and flywheel replaced last year about this time.

I'd love to go out on a track, I'm less inclined to drag racing or autocross as that's not really what the car was meant for.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not many mechanics better than Dean. He is such a great guy. Lets see if we can find some info from someone and get these things on the track! I just got some new tires too.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
I've gotta get some(read: all) of my suspension replaced before I should go out and flog the car though. I need new struts all around, and I'm waiting on the TME springs to show back up at ViVa.

So maybe like a Summer or Fall thing?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds good to me.

This is the part where I hope you tell me you own Limerock?

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Sounds good to me.

This is the part where I hope you tell me you own Limerock?
I wish Dana owned lime rock since I moved so close to there now.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk while on the toilet.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
At $15 bucks a night its not a bad deal. I will try and organize it. Keep you posted!

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
I'd love to go out on a track, I'm less inclined to drag racing or autocross as that's not really what the car was meant for.
Do both before you knock it!

Autox is about $35-ish

·
Registered
89 Posts
Boston BMWCCA runs really great track days, and they are very open to non-BMW drivers (you just have to join the club for $50 or so a year). Their autocross events are top notch as well (I'm at most of them in the S2k), and they tend to have fast, fun courses suited better to larger high powered cars than other clubs. They run several track events each year at NHMS, and I am thinking about taking my BMW to their event in August at Mont Tremblant (Quebec).

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts