SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for all your feedback on track day on Saturday, Jan 6. I called Thunderhill and told them we’d take the day. <p> <p>Here is the deal.<p> <p>Prices: (lunch included)<p> <p>VCOA members $120<p> <p>Non VCOA Members $140<p> <p>These prices will be good until December 10. <p> <p>AFTER DECEMBER 10 <p> <p>$150 for VCOA Members - $170 for non VCOA members.<p> <p> <p>Many of you said you would like to bring your non-volvo friends. That is fine. I’m going to take the first 50 people who sign up and send me a check, first come first served regardless of car type or VCOA membership. After we hit 50 we’ll put together a waiting list.<p> <p>Send me a check made out to NBVCOA to <p> <p>Lee Cordner<p>313 Point San Pedro Rd. <p>San Rafael, CA 94901<p> <p>I will also need to know the car you will be driving, your previous track experience and your preference for a run group. <p>Group A – First time or inexperienced drivers<br>Group B – Intermediate experience level. Know racing line, capable of running consistent fast laps<br>Group C – Fastest Group. Experienced drivers who can run very quickly at Thunderhill. More aggressive passing rules.<p><br>If you have a car number preference, let me know that, too.<p>You should understand that once you send me a check, it is not refundable. There is a chance that we’ll have a waiting list, and if I can re-sell your spot, I will. Don’t count on it. View sending me a check as a commitment. If you don’t show up, I can’t refund your money.<p> <p>For those of you new to track days, here is my usual pitch….<p> <p>This isn’t road racing. It is a chance to drive your car fast, in a safe environment on a race track that is used for amateur and professional road racing. <p><br>You’ll get at least 2 hours of track time, broken into 30 minute intervals over the day, along with “debrief” sessions with Q&A, feedback, etc. from experienced race drivers. <p>Groups A & B will run the short 1.7 mile, 9 turn course at first, then work up to the whole track later in the day. Group C will run the full 3 mile 15 turn track configuration. There is no racing, just an opportunity to drive your car fast in a safe environment.<p>Instructors will be available. Passengers are OK. Group 1 drivers need an OK from an instructor before taking a passenger out on the track.<p>Your car does not need to be modified or race prepared. You’ll need typical highway safety equipment and a helmet. Your car does need to pass a technical inspection, which is performed at the track. <p>Thunderhill is located near the town of Willows , about 70 miles north of Sacramento on Highway 5. More information and directions on Thunderhill’s website at <A HREF="http://www.thunderhill.com" TARGET="_blank">http://www.thunderhill.com</A> The track is open at 7:00 AM. Participants need to be there before 7:30 to get their cars inspected. Drivers meeting will begin at 8:30, and we will be on the track by 9. <p>If you have questions, please contact me at [email protected] or at 415-455-9192<p> <p> <p> <p>

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Re: track day January 6 (L Cordner)

Coming up, should be a blast!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts