SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering getting a second set of wheels for winter. What is involved with our Volvos to have a second wheel set registered with TMPS? Is there a method for us owners to register them or do you have to take it to a dealer? Can you have two sets registered at the same time or only one? My old car I just had to run my summer wheels without TPMS as it could only have one set registered and I wasn't going to the dealer with each wheel change.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
There's no problem switching wheels as you like, you just might need to re-calibrate the system which you do on your "built in iPad".
Here in Sweden it's mandatory to have at least two sets of wheels (summer/winter) and it would be impossible for the dealers to catch up with re-calibrating if the thing you talk about "was a thing" on our cars.

I've swapped wheels on my car 3-4 times and I'm not even sure I had to calibrate every time.

EDIT:
Did a quick read, didn't know about TPMS ID. Well, since our cars have iTPMS and not direct TPMS it won't be an issue.

·
Registered
848 Posts
S90 doesnt have TPMS sensors inside the wheels.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Volvo goes with iTPMS all around the models, not just S90.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts