SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience with aftermarket tpms sensors or have mutiple sets of wheels? Do you need to reprogram anything when you swap wheels/sensors, or will the system automatically recognize them? I've had cars in the past that will automatically recognize the sensors, and cars that needed to go through a "relearn" procedure which meant going to a shop or dealer.

·
Registered
256 Posts
The VDO SE51003 sensor is the same as the factory Volvo sensor. I paid $46 on Amazon, but it seems prices have gone up some in the last three years. Still way less than from Volvo. When I had the snows mounted on new wheels the first time the shop said they would program the sensors. Not sure exactly what they did, but all works great.

Stay away from Orange brand - lots of problems have been documented here.

·
Registered
541 Posts
There is a calibrate feature in the my car menu. I put the snows on my wife's car. No issue with it picking up the 4 Orange sensors. Green gum balls at all 4 corners.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll have to check to see if i have the calibrate menu. I dont remember seeing it. VDO lists the SE10004A as the correct one to use on a 2015 xc60. maybe its a new part #

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'll have to check to see if i have the calibrate menu. I dont remember seeing it. VDO lists the SE10004A as the correct one to use on a 2015 xc60. maybe its a new part #
Yes, I now see the new number. The SE1004A is from the REDI-Sensor line, whereas the SE51003 says Original Equipment. They both are 433MHz and have the same relearn instructions (see www.redi-sensor.com). I guess they are interchangeable. Also my 2012 XC60 has no calibrate menu.

As far as Orange brand, I sent them an email with a question in Sept 2012 and they responded that Orange North America had "dissolved." They referred me to a "new" US supplier, who when I called, they had no idea about Orange at all. I guess they are now back in business in the US (Orange is an Asian company).

·
Registered
541 Posts
My wife's car is a 2015.5 so it may be a new feature vs the older XC60s.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts