SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was a bit strange. Got a low tire pressure message today. When I checked the rt rear tire, the nut that secures the sensor to the wheel was missing. The air pressure on the back of the sensor was the only thing holding the sensor in place.

The left rear wheel was missing 1/2 of the retaining nut! Both valve stems had corrosion on them. The car is at the dealer and the sensors will be replaced under warranty.

This car is a 2010 with 25K miles on it. We live in Germany so the car is subjected to deicing chemicals and freezing temps but the sensors shouldn't be failing already.

Autobahn speeds are just too high to suffer a tire failure.

So, something to keep in mind and add to the inspection list.

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
Weird, my sister's crapped out last night and caused her tire to get trashed (well she had some part in that). But, an FYI for anyone needing sensors, discount tire direct offers them for $59 shipped. Beat that, dealer...

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Weird, my sister's crapped out last night and caused her tire to get trashed (well she had some part in that). But, an FYI for anyone needing sensors, discount tire direct offers them for $59 shipped. Beat that, dealer...
Very nice! Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk while on the toilet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts