SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The TPMS light on my 2012 s60 came on about a month ago for no good reason, all four tires have adequate and even pressure. I'm assuming one of the TPMS sensors had its battery die or has otherwise just gone bad. From my understanding the sensors have an expected life of about 7 to 10 years....which i'm now in that window.

Has anyone dealt with this before? Would a dealer/indie mechanic be able to pinpoint exactly which sensor died, or is this a situation where it is going to be best to bite the bullet and replace all four sensors? Are their aftermarket options available that are any good or have you gone with Volvo parts for replacement?

·
Registered
775 Posts
The TPMS light on my 2012 s60 came on about a month ago for no good reason, all four tires have adequate and even pressure. I'm assuming one of the TPMS sensors had its battery die or has otherwise just gone bad. From my understanding the sensors have an expected life of about 7 to 10 years....which i'm now in that window.

Has anyone dealt with this before? Would a dealer/indie mechanic be able to pinpoint exactly which sensor died, or is this a situation where it is going to be best to bite the bullet and replace all four sensors? Are their aftermarket options available that are any good or have you gone with Volvo parts for replacement?
Our XC60 has intermittent TPMS system service messages. I assume a low battery as well however it only happens once in a great while. Interested to see others experience as well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well after the TPMS light being on constantly for a solid month, its now off. I don't know if its a coincidence, but I had the car up on ramps and did an oil/filter change yesterday. While taking the car around the block afterwards, I noticed the light was out and I was no longer getting a warning message in the multi-display. I put about 100 miles on the car last night, and the light stayed off. Still interested to see what feedback people have on TPMS replacement, guessing i'll see the light again soon.....then again winter is coming and my snow tires/rims have a fresh set of TPMS sensors in them, lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts