SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, 2007 XC70, I have had intermittent warnings now continuous low or Very low tire pressure warnings, reset from the stalk end but still see the tire warning yellow symbol on the dash. I am second owner the dealer records from the PO show the TPMS sensors & service like 4 times. Maybe old school but one of the last things I need is a car to tell me about my tire pressure even if it was accurate.
Is there a relative simple way to disable the system? no more warnings & the dash indicator to stay off?

Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Considering it's a government requirement, I highly doubt it can be disabled.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
You can't. And the stalk doesn't reset it. To turn it off you need to correct the tire pressure and then drive the car, that is if all the sensors are working correctly. You may have a failing sensor (or more than one)

·
Registered
2007 V70 2.5T FWD
106 Posts
I dealt with this issue on my 2007 V70, after $130 was spent on replacing what turned out to be a perfectly good sensor. The faulty sensor was still in one of the other three wheels, so I no longer trusted the device the mechanic uses to find bad sensors.

I have the luxury of a second set of wheels with TPMS sensors and snow tires. I swapped out the remaining wheels one at a time and drove until the warning would light up, thereby identifying the wheel with the bad sensor. (I wish I’d kept the first good sensor that was erroneously trashed.)

Now if someone would figure out how to shut off the theft alarm. They should be programmed to shut down when book value drops below $5,000.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes the stalk does not reset it, just turns the message off. Guess I will just get used to it, I have to assume that with all the sensors being replaced 4 times since new makes me think not a very robust system the government wanted us to have so we don't have to give our cars a walk around inspection and keep a tire gauge in the glove box, or learn the feel of handling changing from loss of air pressure.

Thanks for the input

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
I think they're dumb. They're not accurate anyway. The pressure displayed on the dash is different than what I get on my manual gauge. I trust my gauge.

I've thought about trying to find a way to keep the sensors in a pressurized container inside the car so the tpms system will be happy but I won't have to pay to dismount/remount and balance tires every time one goes bad. I haven't come up with a solution though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts