SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Has anyone had a problem with the tpms alert going off after tire rotation? Finally had tires rotated at around 11000 miles 2 days ago. Yesterday the alert showed low pressure in rear driver side tire. I checked al fires and they are all the same and normal. I tried resetting the alert but after about 10 miles on the hwy or less, the alert came back on. Anyone experience this? Is there even a link to the tire rotation or just a coincidence? I have a 2018 rdesign if it makes a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
Did you recalibrate after the proper air pressure has been achieved?

If anyone is curious...I bought TPMS for another set of wheels from ebay, no programming needed, other than the recalibration done by the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Did you recalibrate after the proper air pressure has been achieved?

If anyone is curious...I bought TPMS for another set of wheels from ebay, no programming needed, other than the recalibration done by the vehicle.
This.

Recalibrate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did recheck the tire pressures cold and they were normal. I tried recalibrating yesterday and got the error after. I tried again this morning and so far so good...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bit behind here, but will be getting tyre rotation soon. In case it happens, how does one recalibrate? Thanks.
You get an alert that pressure is low. I don’t know of a way to recalibrate otherwise. After low pressure is addressed, there is a button to press on sensus by the tpms error.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Just as an FYI, I’ve had my tires rotated 5 times by an Indy tire store and have never experienced this.....

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just as an FYI, I’ve had my tires rotated 5 times by an Indy tire store and have never experienced this.....

Great! I was hoping this was just a fluke/weird coincidence!

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
The iTPMS system doesn't seem to be very sensitive to changes or differences of tire pressures.
I swapped summer and winter tyres, changed tire pressure for home and holidays without calibrating.
Until now I have had only one alert and that was when nothing was changed and
all tire pressures were the same. The error was gone at the next startup.
I wish dTPMS was still available, I find iTPMS a serious downgrade.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I picked up a screw in one of my tires while driving on the highway and rather than wait for service, I was in a hurry, I plugged the tire myself. That was at 10,000 miles. It has, as you might expect, had a very slow but persistent leak ever since. I try to keep up with the pressure on a weekly or bi weekly basis and rarely have to put in more than 2-3lbs but on a couple of occasions, when I wasn’t paying the attention I should have been paying, my TPMS has alerted me was when that particular tire went down in pressure. At least in my car its done its job properly.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I picked up a screw in one of my tires while driving on the highway and rather than wait for service, I was in a hurry, I plugged the tire myself. That was at 10,000 miles. It has, as you might expect, had a very slow but persistent leak ever since. I try to keep up with the pressure on a weekly or bi weekly basis and rarely have to put in more than 2-3lbs but on a couple of occasions, when I wasn’t paying the attention I should have been paying, my TPMS has alerted me was when that particular tire went down in pressure. At least in my car its done its job properly.

You should take the car to the tire shop where they remove your plug and use the bigger one from inside/out to fix it for good. That being said I had 3 plugs in one one tire while back in my Mazda and never had a psi leak in the years the tires were on. Maybe the plug you used were too old?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
You should take the car to the tire shop where they remove your plug and use the bigger one from inside/out to fix it for good. That being said I had 3 plugs in one one tire while back in my Mazda and never had a psi leak in the years the tires were on. Maybe the plug you used were too old?
I’ve asked and no one will do that for me. It seams to be against everyone’s policy.

I don’t think the plug was old but I might not have rounded out the hole enough. In any case its just been a minor inconvenience, one that Im responsible for.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts