SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just want to give everyone a heads up to be cautious and make sure that neither of your tow hook covers are loose.

I just came back from a road trip to find out that my rear tow hook cover had fallen off somewhere along the journey.

I inquired within a few surrounding dealers and found the unpainted part to cost between $23-$65 and the job of painting it about >$200. My car is the white pearl tricolor so I wanted to make sure it matches.

So I started researching online and I found a place that sells tow hook covers and they paint match OEM color codes for $125/shipped.

I should get the replacement in the next few days and I think I'm going to try to jerry-rig it with a zip tie so if it is to fall off again then it will just hang.

I'll post feedback

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
318 Posts
It also could have been installed poorly/had a weak “snap” which eventually gave way and broke, resulting in the loss.

Either way - still a bummer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
902 Posts
Had same thing happen to me front and back. i have extra for the front in your color but not back:( but part is 25$ plus paint should be total 80$ . I got part online its cheaper than just walked in to local body shop and thats it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Had same thing happen to me front and back. i have extra for the front in your color but not back:( but part is 25$ plus paint should be total 80$ . I got part online its cheaper than just walked in to local body shop and thats it.
Did you find a way to secure it so it wouldn't fall off again?
My fear is that it will happen again and at $125/event .... it's an expensive little part.

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
There is a bulletin for the rear coming lose. I haven't had one come in missing, but there's a chance it would be replaced under warranty since there is a bulletin. The bulletin says:

Service:
Use tape P/N 30643492 (50x25x0.6) and cut a small piece 8x11 mm.
Apply the tape on the locking tab in order to increase the thickness of the tab on the loose cover or the new cover, see attachment TJ33542.jpg.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is a bulletin for the rear coming lose. I haven't had one come in missing, but there's a chance it would be replaced under warranty since there is a bulletin. The bulletin says:

Service:
Apply the tape on the locking tab in order to increase the thickness of the tab on the loose cover or the new cover, see attachment TJ33542.jpg.
Dang, wish I had known beforehand..... oh well now I do.

Thanks for the bulletin heads up. :beer:

·
Registered
926 Posts

Service:
Can you share the image here?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts