SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
*I THREW THIS TOGETHER RATHER QUICKLY SO IF ANYONE NEEDS MORE INFORMATION PLEASE DON'T HESITATE TO ASK*

2 x 24" Galvanized sheets
6 x SS Bolts and nuts(4 for license plates, 2 for cross connection)
1 x 3/8th Butterfly Bracket w/ Shorter Bolt
1 x Felt Sliders

Cut the Galvanized sheet into the following sizes:

Plate Holders - 6"
Cross Member - 8.25" (Keep in mind that there must be a bend in the center to fit into the tow hook compartment slightly. The 8.25" is WITH the bend included so cut it a bit larger.)
Butterfly Bracket - 3.5" (This provides a larger space behind the bumper for the Butterfly Bracket to hold onto insuring a more snug fit.)

It is also beneficial to round the edges or even box them to avoid the sharpness effecting the bumper.

Drill holes as follows:

.5" into the Plate holding brackets on each side.
3" into the center of the Plate holding brackets. (This gives the position I have, if you want a lower or higher position than please disregard this and move forward)

Drill a hole in the center of the bent portion for the butterfly bracket.

Position the car side bracket(cross-member) on the vehicle and screw the Plate holders onto a plate. Attach the plate freely to the Car side bracket and move up and down to determine location on the Plate holders for drilling.

Proceed to drill the sections and put everything together with the bolts purchased.

Mock positioning on the vehicle and place Felt on bends where the metal makes contact with the bumper.

Assemble. Enjoy.

When things settle down a bit I could build some out but sadly, time is SOOO crunched right now.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Thats actually pretty cool, espcially for those that have to run a front plate but want the euro plate as well.

·
6,436 Posts
nice write-up

...while many people try to eliminate front plates, you proceed to installed not one, but TWO plates on your front bumper! ... I'm puzzled! hehe

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
this is a useless thread

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
I'm impressed VIO!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Vio my hat goes off to you. I would definitely go that direction if i lived in another state!

STICKY it lol

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
this is a useless thread
I received multiple PM's from individuals who would like to run this bracket, therefore, your comment is rendered as useless.

The main focus of such a bracket it to be able to remove your state front plate for show use. Fabbed Tow Hook plate holders retail for about $70, making this an ideal product for those that would like to utilize the same purpose at less than a fourth the price.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Vio you should do a group buy...

·
Administrator
55,918 Posts
Any updates to this one or additional front license plate bracket ideas?

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Whoever wants to pay shipping can have it lol. I myself picked up a used RHOPlate which I sadly could not mimic in the slightest with the resources I currently have. Only positive to my unit is the fact that the bumper can come off freely without having to remove the plate whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts