SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed a hitch on a 2021-2022 V60 CC? The only option I can currently source is the the foldable towbar hitch from Volvo which is great but nearly $2k installed. Only need a hitch for a bike rack and no towing so that’s steep for my usage. Looked around my area (Boston) and can’t find any retailers that carry anything for my model — Curt and UHaul seem to make them for other Volvo models but not the V60CC) those years. Thanks!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Just a FYI that installation at $350 is on the low range. I've been quoted $500-600.

Also, Stealth Hitch is supposedly a sponsor of this forum and used to give out discount codes. I guess they've grown too large for it...

·
Registered
16,171 Posts
Etrailer sells two Stealth hitches - one for $638 that's bike racks only and one for $937 that's intended for towing. Although the websites don't show that it fits a '22, there's a review on the Etrailer website that shows it mounted on a '22 - I don't know what the differences would be.

I've installed a few of these hitches so would just do it myself - you only a need spare set of hands to remove/reinstall the bumper cover usually.

·
Registered
2021 Volvo V60 R-Design T6 AWD PoleStar Optimized, Bursting Blue
18 Posts
Stealth hitch is pretty much the only way to go, I did and installed it myself in less than 2hrs alone. I think it is 1hr job if you are 2. My pics are on etrailer website.

No complain except I had to change the locking mechanism as it would not stay locked (with the key) but the hitch still worked without it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks - I actually reached out to them and they said they can’t confirm the 2021 model would fit because Volvo won’t confirm on their end but given the models 2021 and 2022 are identical that seems like the best route to go:

·
Registered
2022 V60 R Design
84 Posts
Thanks - I actually reached out to them and they said they can’t confirm the 2021 model would fit because Volvo won’t confirm on their end but given the models 2021 and 2022 are identical that seems like the best route to go:
when I was looking for my R design i emailed stealth and they said they couldn't guarantee for 2022 but would give me a free hitch if i could come to their shop in Atlanta (5000 miles round trip) so they could install one. I ended up just buying it and it fit with no problem.

·
Registered
2022 V60 R Design
84 Posts
Just a FYI that installation at $350 is on the low range. I've been quoted $500-600.

Also, Stealth Hitch is supposedly a sponsor of this forum and used to give out discount codes. I guess they've grown too large for it...
I must have lucked out. I bought the hitch online and a local hitch place installed it for $200- 2 hrs @ $100/hr.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I must have lucked out. I bought the hitch online and a local hitch place installed it for $200- 2 hrs @ $100/hr.
Where in Canada are you? Need to get the Stealth Hitch installed on my wife's XC90 (her Invisihitch broke). We are in Calgary.

·
Registered
2022 V60 R Design
84 Posts
Where in Canada are you? Need to get the Stealth Hitch installed on my wife's XC90 (her Invisihitch broke). We are in Calgary.
I’m in Edmonton. I’m think user karma is in Calgary and he had a stealth installed. Can be seen here

·
Registered
131 Posts
good to know you got a deal. Very little luck where I am.

as mentioned upthread, the task may just be okay for a DIY (though i hate the idea of cutting/ trimming the piece that holds the kick-to-open sensor

1 - 12 of 12 Posts