SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering out of curiosity if there's a significant difference between the two. Obviously the Dynamic suspension is more sporty, but how's the ride quality? Canadians get only Touring suspension and while it's much better than our S70, it's nowhere close to our BMW 528i (E39). The 528i still has the best balance between comfort and performance.

·
Registered
418 Posts
There is a noticeable step change between each of the suspension options. The dynamic suspension is firmer overall and turns in a bit better. It has been 5-7 years since I have driven the E39 525, but to my recollection they dynamic suspension is pretty close to that ride. The dynamic suspension does not corner as flat though.

There is a bigger step change between the dynamic suspension and the R-design which is much stiffer and flatter through the turns. I have also just updated my rear anti-sway bar to the IPD bar. In my experience, the R-design is close to a typical 3-series. The IPD swaybar makes it that much closer. You should also consider which tire and wheel package you have installed as it will make a difference as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts