SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
XC60 in a Yosemite Winter Wonderland

Yosemite Valley blanketed with a fresh snow and crowned by a crystal blue sky is such a very rare event, it really only happens every few years at best...
So when the weather forecast looks right, even if you have literally just a single day at your disposal, you just gotta jump in your favorite Volvo and GO

[HR][/HR]

[HR][/HR]

[HR][/HR]

[HR][/HR]

[HR][/HR]

[HR][/HR]

[HR][/HR]

[HR][/HR]

[HR][/HR]

[HR][/HR]

[HR][/HR]

[HR][/HR]

[HR][/HR]

[HR][/HR]

[HR][/HR]

[HR][/HR]

[HR][/HR]

[HR][/HR]

[HR][/HR]

(...and ps, when you want to get away, having tires that don't need chains is the shizzle!)

·
Registered
459 Posts
Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Thanks for some great desktop backgrounds :)

·
Registered
17,007 Posts
I need to move out of pa asap.

Those pics are amazing !!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Where did you get that pretzel!?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Great pics! I've been thinking about making it up there, too. Were chains needed? How was the traction?
Chains were required unless you had 4wd and snow rated tires.
(_technically_ in national parks federal law requires 'all' vehicles to at least carry chains, but I've never seen this checked or enforced)

Traction was excellent, had zero issues, especially when the XC was in AWD mode she tracked straight as an arrow with no slipping or squirming.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Awesome pics Kranvagn, and good to hear how well the tires worked. They look great 👍🏻

We were up at Tenaya Lodge at Fish Camp last weekend (for others, it’s just outside Yosemite Valley) and you’re right, the snow arrived in force! Had to put on chains and took about two hours to get down the mountain on HWY 41, saw six accidents in about 10 miles :(

We should be in the new Volvo next time we go there, it really is one of the most beautiful places on Earth.

·
Registered
43 Posts
We were up at Tenaya Lodge at Fish Camp last weekend (for others, it's just outside Yosemite Valley) and you're right, the snow arrived in force! Had to put on chains and took about two hours to get down the mountain on HWY 41, saw six accidents in about 10 miles :(
Good to know. My 2018 XC60 came with M/S rated Continentals so am assuming I can do without chains. In fact, when I purchased the car, I had to sign a document acknowledging that chains should not be used on those tires (though other traction devices may be ok).

·
Super Moderator
8,746 Posts
This is such a cool photo!

Thanks for sharing!

·
Premium Member
2020 XC60 Hybrid T8 PE
472 Posts
Beautiful, majestic and breathtaking pictures! It sure looks like you both had a great ride throughout that marvelous trip! Plus, the ride looks splendid!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.